Steven's Happy News For Us

***Duff's POV***

We finally finished the horribly awkward band practice and everyone was leaving other than Steven.

After I "threatened' Izzy, he agreed to not talk about Tara again, which was good.

Izzy and Axl looked at all of us, not saying goodbye, before climbing up the stairs to leave the house.

"Need a ride Duff?" Steven asked me.

"Nah man, my car's here," I answered.

I felt Slash's eyes on me as he drank his beer.

"Alright man," he said, heading for the stairs, "see you guys tomorrow."

We waved bye and he was now on his way too.

"What the hell was all that shit about?" Slash asked.

I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You threatening to step on Axl's red head, you intimidating Izzy, and all that. What are you gettin' so defensive about?"

"My wife, Slash. That's what."

"Okay yeah, but now all the sudden you ain't that cool anymore. Never mind your wife, you just ain't that punk ass rebel Duff we know."

"And what? That hurts your feelings?"

"No man, I don't give a fuck, I'm just sayin'."

"Should I divorce my wife to make the band happy? That what y'all want?"

"Chill out man. Stop gettin' all defensive. You weren't like this when you were first married to Tara. What changed you, man? You're gettin' to be a handful."

"It's just not real fuckin' cool when my bandmates talk garbage about my wife. It pisses me off."

"I get that man. But that's not all I'm talkin' about. Just everythin' has changed about you. But whatever, let's drop it."

I didn't respond and watched Slash go up the stairs. I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my teased hair.

Was I becoming that difficult of an asshole? Was I becoming unbearable?

I shook it off and followed Slash upstairs, stopping at the main room, sitting on the couch. I guess this is where I'm sleepin' for a while.

Slash was long gone, probably in his bedroom.

****
"Get up," a voice said, awaking me.

I squinted my eyes open and saw Slash looking down at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"'Cause I wanna watch TV and I can't with your giraffee legs all the way on the other side of the couch," he replied, as he moved my legs off the couch so he could sit.

I slowly sat up and buried my face in my hands.

"GUYS!" someone screamed, letting themself into Slash's house.

I looked up and saw an excited Steven, beaming at us.

"Steven?" Slash questioned, muting the TV.

"WE GOT A BIG GIG BOOKED FOR SATURDAY!" he yelled.

I looked at Slash and he shrugged at me.

"Where?" Slash unexcitedly asked him.

"That big concert venue down the street from here! And not only did we just get booked there, we got some big fuckin' record dealers coming to watch us and see if we're good enough to be signed!" he exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrows and was actually kind of surprised at what I was hearing. Our band wasn't really getting anywhere and this could be a pretty decent break for us.

"Hm. That's pretty good Steve," Slash nodded, lighting a cigarette.

"Man, you fuckers can't get excited for shit," Steven told us.

"I just woke up," I told him.

"So? This is great news to wake up to!" he argued.

"I know, I know. It is good news, this could be really good for us," I agreed.

Steven shut the door behind him and sat between us on the couch.

"Why didn't you knock? It's rude to just let yourself in," Slash teased Steven.

"Shut up mophead," Steven shot back.

"Whoa there. That's a little too extreme," I laughed.

"I knew I should have come up with something better," Steven admitted, shaking his head in disappointment.

Slash unmuted the TV and we all started to watch.

****
Band practice already rolled around and we were all in the basement, getting ready to start.

Before we did, I heard loud footsteps comimg down the wooden stairs and I looked up and saw 5 ladies with stiletto heels coming down.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Slash.

"They're called whores, Duffy. We used to have 'em around all the time in case you forgot," Slash replied, checking out all the girls.

I looked back at them and each of them went up to one of the guys. Including me. The one with black and purple hair particulary.

"Hey there," she flirted, stroking my arm.

"Uh. Hey," I said back, uncomfortably.

"I always loved the bassists, they're so good with their big hands," she bit her lip, her stroking getting more intense.

I moved my arm away from her and didn't say anything.

"What is it big boy? You shy?" she asked, stepping closer to me.

"Uh, no. I'm taken," I told her.

"So?" she laughed as it were no big deal, stroking my arm again.

"So..." I said, stepping away from her, "that means I'm not gonna cheat on her."

"She never has to know," she said.

"I still would rather not do that. Sorry."

She huffed loudly in annoyance and rolled her eyes. She then walked away with her loud heels clicking as she did so.