Left, Right, or Straight?

***Tara's POV***

"Yeah," he breathed heavily, "I guess so."

"Just be ready by six fourty-five, that's when we have to leave," I told him.

He nodded and I started to walk away, my yogurt with me.

I headed to my office, sitting down behind my desk, thinking about tonight.

I wonder how everything will play out. Will Duff and I be classic Duff and I and fight like animals? Will we act normal? Will be pretend that we're actually happily married? Hm, I guess I won't know until we get there.

But as for now, I just want to sleep. I want to sleep until it's time to get ready for the party. I'm still tired even though I got more sleep than usual. I'm always fucking tired so it makes no difference.

I finished my yogurt, threw it away, and headed to the bedroom to take a nap.

****
"Tara, come on now. It's six o'clock," a voice said, while I felt myself being shaken.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Duff looking down at me, already all dressed up.

"WHAT?! I'LL NEVER BE READY ON TIME!" I yelled, making myself instantly get up.

"Well, I tried to get you up earlier," he shrugged, "you wouldn't wake up."

As I got up from the bed I checked Duff out, which I haven't done in a long while. He was wearing his fancy white tuxedo, his long, wild blonde hair was now tamed, he has nice black, shined shoes on, and a beautiful golden chain around his neck.

"Well, it looks like you got all ready," I slightly smirked, looking at him up and down slowly.

"Tara stop checking me out and get ready!" he joked with a smile curling up onto his lips.

I snapped out of it and quickly started to get ready.

****
I finished getting ready and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I haven't looked this fancy since the damn wedding. My makeup was very dark and heavy, my plump lips were bright red as well as my nails, my dark brown hair was curled, I had lots of silver jewlery on, my tall figure had a long, strapless, ruby red dress covering me from my cleveage to my shoes, which were just some fancy sandals.

I was nervous to step out to the main room for Duff to see me. I don't know why I was, but I just felt those damn butterflies in my stomach. I quickly put deodorant on, as well as several sprays of perfume. I rubbed my dress down one last time and took a deep breath as I opened the door.

I slowly walked out of the bathroom and I felt Duff's eyes burn holes in me again. But this time more extreme.

I nervously glanced over at him sitting at the couch with his mouth drooped open.

"Let's go. We're might run late," I said, breaking eye contact.

He continued to stare at me and didn't move an inch.

"Come on. Get up," I nodded my head to the door.

"Tara..." he said, sounding lost.

I looked at him and he got up from the couch and walked up to me.

"You look just fuckin' flawless," he said, putting his hand on my cheek.

I looked up shyly into his eyes and I swear for a moment we were about to kiss for the first time in forever. That is until Duff's watch started beeping which caused us to step back from each other.

"Sorry," he blushed, trying desperatley to shut it off, "I set it to go off at six fourty-five."

"It's fine," I chuckled under my breath, "let's get going."

We both then went to the door and headed to the garage to get to the car.

****
We've been driving for 10 minutes already and we haven't spoken much.

"You said to turn on third street, right?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, watching him clutch the steering wheel tightly.

We hit a stoplight and Duff looked over at me with a slight smile.

"We're almost there I think," I told him.

He nodded and looked back at the road right as the light turned green.

We drove for another minute and hit another stoplight.

"You gotta turn right up here," I said, pointing.

"No... left. The address you gave me is on the left," he retorted.

"No Duff. It's on the right. You can see even see it up there," I said slightly angry, pointing more violently.

"Don't you see that building up there?" Duff argued, now pointing to his side, at some building.

"The building is white. Not black," I gritted through my teeth.

"The black building looks way more like a banquet hall building than that white piece of shit over there," he said, his voice raising.

"Duff. It's on the right. Quickly switch lanes and turn on the right!" I exclaimed.

"Tara, that place doesn't look half as nice as this black building over here. I know banquet halls buildings, I've performed in plenty with my band," he said, trying to outsmart me.

"IT'S ON THE RIGHT. NOW SWITCH LANES AND TURN RIGHT!" I screamed, losing my temper.

"I'LL BET YOU ALL I GOT THAT THAT WHITE PIECE OF SHIT AIN'T WHERE THIS LITTLE FANCY ASS PARTY IS BEING HELD!" he screamed back, now looking at me.

"IT'S ON THE RIGHT FOR FUCK'S SAKE."

"NO IT'S NOT."

We then heard a loud, blaring car horn go off behind us which caused both of us to look back at the road. The light had turned green and Duff didn't turn right or left. He went straight.

I kept looking out my window and up in the distance and saw a huge, beautiful, gold building on the right and realized that was the building we needed.

"Uh, Duff?" I shyly said.

"What?" he barked.

"Well, I was right. You do turn right. But up there," I bit my lip, pointing out the windshield again.

He looked as well and pressed his tongue to his cheek, shaking his head.

"Oh," he said under his breath, switching over two lanes.

Well, this night already was off to a great start.