Kissing

***Tara's POV***

Todd hit the floor and I backed up, staring at Duff in shock.

I wasn't even upset at what he did. I was kind of happy because it shows he might, just might, still love me.

"Get up Todd," Rita huffed, "this ain't nothin' we haven't seen before."

Todd did as he was told and held his cheek, glaring at Duff.

"Sometimes it takes couples a while to adjust to the idea. We'll give y'all time," Rita said.

"No, you won't be givin' us any time, you guys will be headin' for the door and leavin'," Duff barked.

Rita looked offended by what Duff had just said and looked over at me with puppy dog eyes, expecting me to come to her rescue.

I shrugged at her and she squealed as she grabbed Todd's hand. She then barged out of our loft, making sure to slam the door loudly behind her.

"Damn. I forgot how crazy that bitch was," I chuckled.

"Yeah," Duff breathed, "she's insane."

I then turned my whole body to face Duff and looked up at him.

"You punched him in the face for me," I smiled.

"Well, yeah. I couldn't stand seein' him touch you like that," Duff said back.

"Why? I thought me and you kinda hate each other now," I said.

"Tara," Duff breathed, stepping closer to me, "I'll never hate you. As long as I live."

His strong statement took me by total shock and I was speechless. I didn't know what to do or say, so I just resumed to stare at him.

He then cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. He kissed me. We haven't kissed in months, and he was kissing me. Like he meant it.

****
"Whoa. A first date with a rockstar is way different than a first date with an average dude," I laughed, still slightly out of breath from running from the cops.

"Yeah, despite what everyone says that rockstars are normal people too, well, they're not," he chuckled.

"I see that now," I laughed with a nod.

"You're a cool chick though. You know, for staying around even after something like that happened," he told me.

"It's fun."

"Glad you think so. Maybe we can do it again sometime?"

"I'd love to," I smiled.

There then was an awkward pause as we both stared down at the ground.

I then saw his shoes step closer to me and I looked up, seeing him stare down at me with a smirk.

He then cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. He kissed me. We have never kissed before, and he was kissing me. Like he meant it.

****
We were still kissing and he pressed me against the wall, now leaving hickeys on my neck.

"I can't believe this," I breathed.

He slightly pulled away and his warm breath hit my neck.

"What?" he asked.

"Us. Right now. We haven't done this in forever," I smiled.

"I know. We're too busy fighting," he said.

"We shouldn't be anymore," I said.

"No, we shouldn't be," he agreed.

"Let's keep kissing."

"Yeah, let's," he smiled, kissing my lips again.

****
About 10 minutes has gone by and we took a break from kissing.

"Let's go to a bar," Duff said.

"What? Really?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, or like, a nightclub."

"Okay," I nodded, "let's do it."

"Let's make it a real night out. Let me invite the band, you invite some of your girlfriends, let's just have a great fuckin' time and forget everything," Duff said.

"Okay Duffy. Okay."

Duff smiled and ran to the phone while I ran to the bedroom to change out of my dress.

****
I changed into a strapless black Ramones crop top, black high waisted shorts, Converse, and left all my jewlery and makeup on.

I walked out and saw Duff was already changed as well and he told me he called the band and they were all coming.

"You gonna call your girlfriends?" he asked.

"I would," I shrugged, "but I have no idea who to call. I kinda lost all my friends."

"Well... fuck it. Who cares? You'll be with me," he said, pecking my lips.

It was weird how Duff was being so flirty but I really liked it. I loved that we're finally being romantic again. Even if it was just for one night.

"Izzy's pickin' us all up," Duff told me.

I nodded and hopped up on the counter to sit down.

Duff spreaded my legs out and walked in between them as he started to kiss me again. I happily accepted him and kissed him back.

****
The doorbell then rang and we instantly pulled away from each other. Wow, Izzy's already here? Damn, kissing Duff really does take away time quickly.

I hopped off the counter and Duff went and opened the door, revealing an Izzy Stradin, hat on, lit cigarette in his mouth, and a natural smirk on his lips.

"Come on fucker. You're the last one I came and got," he said.

I stepped out from behind the corner and walked past Duff and Izzy, heading straight for the garage.