Basically Homeless For One Day

***Duff's POV***

I couldn't believe I was sitting here, with my own band, and almost every member of Megadeth.

"Duff!" someone panted next to me, tugging on my shirt.

I turned my head and saw Tara sitting next to me, tugging on me.

"What is it, Tara?" I asked her.

"We should get going," she said, nervously biting her lip.

"What?! No! Why?" I exclaimed.

"Because--"

"Did David try to hookup with you?" Dave cut her off, raising his eyebrows at her.

"Uh... yeah..." she answered uncomfortably.

"Don't worry about that. He's always tryna get with someone. Plus, he's always drunk. He won't even remember," Dave assured her.

She nodded and sat back, looking a tad more relaxed now.

****
Hours felt like minutes sitting with Megadeth. They were cool ass dudes.

I was now driving with Tara, not believing all that happened.

"David, huh? Tried to hookup with you?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Don't worry though. I didn't let anything happen," she told me.

I nodded and I actually did believe her. I don't think anything really did happen.

****
Here we are, getting in the car, officially checked out of the hotel, not knowing where the fuck to go now. We offically didn't have a place to stay.

I looked over at Tara and she had on the same thing as last night (her Megadeth concert outfit) because she was too tired to shower when we were even checked in the hotel last night. Her makeup was smeared and I couldn't tell if it was because she slept with it on, or because she was crying so much.

"To the fucking park we go," she angrily said.

"Why the park?" I questioned.

"Because Duff. Look!" she yelled, pointing at the fuel gauge.

I looked at where her finger was and noticed we were running close to empty. And I know damn well we don't have money to fill the tank back up.

"We are so fucked, Duff," she said, rubbing the sides of her face with her hands, "so so fucked."

I took a deep breath and started up the car, heading to the fucking park.

****
We got to the park and sat on a bench. We had all of our stuff packed in 2 full grocery bags.

"We are homeless. We are fucking hobos," she said, her face red with anger.

"I wish we weren't, Tara, I really do."

She didn't respond and put her legs up on the bench, burying her face in her knees.

****
It was nightime and Tara and I barley spoke today. She was already asleep on the bench, and I was staring at the cars going by on the street.

I was trying to think of a solution, but I couldn't. I didn't know what the fuck to do.

I also thought about how tonight was the night we were supposed to perform at that venue with the guy from a record label to watch us. Looks like I won't be there for that.

I then leaned back on the bench and shut my sad, tired eyes and felt myself drift off.

****
I slowly woke up to the sight of the sun rising. I looked over at Tara and saw she was awake, staring at the sunrise, with tears streaming down her face.

I instantly felt saddened by the sight and sat up.

"Baby, please..." I pleaded.

"I'm scared," she told me, "that we will be like this for a while."

"We won't be. I promise."

"But you don't know that," she shot back, now looking at me.

Her now 2-day old makeup was even more smeared and her hair was a mess. I can't even imagine what I look like.

"It will be fine," I told her.

She then looked back at the sunrise and wiped her tears away.

"Tara? Duff?" Linda, our next door neighbor, questioned, staring at us with confusion.

We looked up at her and she gave us a sad smile.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked us.

"Just hangin' out. What's up with you?" I replied.

"Why haven't you guys been home in so long? Larry's been askin' me to get ahold of you guys to tell you your loft is apparently 'back to normal' and everything was 'a mistake'," she told us.

Tara and I immediatley looked at each other and sprung up.

"Thank you, Linda!" I exclaimed.

Tara also thanked her as we grabbed all of our stuff and ran to the car.

As soon as we got in I looked at Tara with raised eyebrows and she looked at me with a confused look back.

"What?" she questioned.

"We were basically homeless for one day," I smirked at her.