Chapter 14: The Room of Requirement

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for some. And oh, would you be so kind and leave a comment about the chapter. Negative comments are welcome. Though, I really would prefer a postive one. Please vote if you liked it. Thank you! :D

            We all headed back to the common room with the rest of the Gryffindors. The nervousness can be tasted in the air between the three of us. This just made the situation harder to explain.

            "What I'll tell you is a very, very, very serious matter. It would be complicated if someone overhears us. Do you have a place in mind that could give us a grave privacy?" she whispered.

            There was a moment of silence then suddenly, Rose whispered hesitantly, "actually, I do."

            "Perfect!" I exclaimed.

            We broke out from the cluster of people and went with Rose on lead. The three of us went all the way up to the 7th floor. We skidded to a halt in front of the tapestry of Barnabas the Barny being clubbed by trolls. I thought Rose has gone mad. Then suddenly, she turned around. She was facing a wall but she looked at it as if she had found a very valuable treasure.

            "Is this it?" I said breaking the eerie silence.

            "Not so much, Al. Wait right here. I'll go for a walk," she said as she started to walk to her left. The she stopped on her tracks, then turned around and walked. She kept doing this three times with a concentrated look on her face.

            "There. Perfect!" she exclaimed.

            I thought that she had really lost it when I turned to the direction she was looking. I was now facing a gigantic, oak door.

            "It was not here awhile ago! How did it go here? Rose? How?" I asked her simultaneously.

            "Welcome," she said while opening the door, "to the Room of Requirement."

            "Bloody wicked!" said Sam in front of me.

            "Rose, Professor McGonagall said you were not one for rule breaking. Now, I say the opposite. You are supermegafoxyawesome brilliant!" I said in utter joy.

            "That's a very fascinating term, Al. I should say it's in my blood," she said while laughing.

            It was a very spacious room lit by flickering torches like those that illuminated the dungeons eight floors below. The walls were lined with wooden bookcases and comfy chairs were situated on the dead center of the room.

            "How did you know of this room? And what's its name again?" Sam asked skeptically.

            "We are inside the Room of Requirement. It is a room that a person can only enter when they have real need of it. Sometimes, it is here and sometimes it is not, but when it appears, it is always equipped for the seeker's needs," she said in a serious tone.

            "How many people know about it?" said Sam.

            "Very few. Mostly people stumbles across it when they needs it, but often they never finds it again, for they do not know that it is always here waiting to be called in service."

            "And how did you know about it?" I asked her.

            "Actually, my dad told me about it a day before I go here at Hogwarts. He said that this room could come in handy for us. Well, it did now, did it not?" she answered merrily.

            "How can we come by a room?" I said giving myself more time to prepare.

            "Dad said to walk past the bit of wall we are facing awhile ago three times, concentrating hard on what we need."

            "You are bloody brilliant, Rose," she said with a smile but lost it when Rose said, "so, to the talking part?"

            "Ah, yes. Let's have a seat," said Sam motioning on the comfy-looking chairs.

            "Who goes first?" said Rose.

            "I think it appropriate of you to go first, Al," said Sam.

            "Oh. Okay, then," I said, shifting on my seat.

            Help me, God.

            "Where to start?" I mumbled to myself.

            "Al. I think you should start from the letter and the necklace," Rose said.

            "Oh, dear Merlin! Sam, take of that necklace!" I said pointing on the necklace on her chest."

            She took it off quickly and handed it to me with a questioning look on her face. I put the other necklace out of my pocket and leveled it with my eyes.

            "Thank you. This is where I'll start," I said, putting it inside a drawer beside my chair which was not there awhile ago.

            "Those bloody necklaces. It was from your mother. She gave it to me along with a letter asking a favor if I can keep an eye on you. She offered help by giving me those necklaces. She said to give the red one to you and I can keep the green one. I did what she said wholeheartedly. She also said what the necklaces can do. She said that I can 'spy' on you if I am using the green one. And she told me not to worry because she said that you cannot see through that. I still don't know why.

            "Then, as what I have told you when we were at Hagrid's, I've had a dream concerning the break-in at McGonagall's office. I still didn't know who it was. But I have a theory that it was your mother. Just a theory.

            "Then, when we were at the common room on the day I lost consciousness, I think I've had a vision. I saw your mom breaking in the office again. She was looking for something. She was looking for the Resurrection Stone.

            "She also said something about the necklaces. She said that she jinxed it both. The green one was actually Godric Gryffindor's and that she has the true locket of Salazar Slytherin. I wonder what the red one is."

            "Can I see the necklaces, Al?" said Rose for the first time.

            I reached out for the drawer and took the necklaces out, feeling nervous.

            She placed it on her lap, took out her wand and said, "Memento Revelio!"

            The necklaces changed forms and what I saw confirmed that I was having a vision. The green gems of my necklace turned into red and the red gems of Sam's necklace turned into blue.

            "This was no Slytherin and Gryffindor necklaces. It's Godric's and Rowena's!" she said sharply.

            "It's true, then. I was having a vision," I said in resignation.

            "Are you finished, Al?" said Sam who was really quiet on our exchange.

            Not yet. I was avoiding this statement for so long but I think I should say this, "she also mentioned that you're the daughter of Voldemort."

            A moment of silence closed my little speech. Sam was just looking at the floor.

            Then, she looked up at us and said, copying what I've said earlier, "thank you. That's where I'll start.

            "Yes. I am Voldemort's daughter. I am the last and true Heir of Salazar Slytherin."