Chapter 9: The Name Insignia of Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for some. And oh, would you be so kind and leave a comment about the chapter. Negative comments are welcome. Though, I really would prefer a postive one. Please vote if you liked it. Thank you! :D

          The Gryffindor common room was still packed when I entered. I found Sam, Rose, James and Chris sitting side by side on the couch. Sam looked at my way and smiled when she saw me. My heart leapt twenty feet because of that gesture. That made my day.

          "Al! How was your talk with Professor? Got us some news?" Chris asked as he moved so that I can sit with them.

          "No. Not much. Guess what I said didn't matter that much," I answered him not looking at his eyes.

          "Ow. Okay," he said clearly taken aback. "Are you intending on trying out for the quidditch team?" he said as the gleam in his eyes came back.

          "Definitely. My mom and dad would definitely like it. Knowing they are great at Quidditch. 'Bout you?" I asked him definitely in this conversation.

          "I don't know. I still don't know the mechanics of the game. My mom won't let me on a broom. How about you, Rose? James? Sam?" he asked. He said her name as if it was a name of a goddess. Git.

          "Of course! I'll get the position. You'll see," James said while laughing.

          I rolled my eyes at him. He's currently the Keeper of Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

          "I am actually not that interested because I am afraid of heights. I don't think I have conquered it yet. So, most probably, no," Rose said with finality.

          "With me, I actually want to give it a try. I also haven't ridden a broom ever. But it interested me a lot," Sam said looking at all of us.

          "That's good," was all I had said.

          We talked all night until it was time to go to sleep. Chris and James excused themselves and said good night.

          "Sam, why don't you go ahead? I just want a word with Al. Do you mind?" she asked politely.

          Sam, being Sam, nodded and said her good nights then went upstairs. The good thing about her; she doesn't hover.

          "Well?" she said raising her eyebrows.

          She definitely knows how to scare a person.

          "Well? What do you want to know?" I asked looking at her in the eye.

          "Everything. Start from the letter," she said firmly.

          I reached for my pocket and took out the letter. She gave me a nervous glance as I handed it to her.

          "This situation seems heavy," was all she said. Then, she started reading the letter. My heart was beating very fast as her eyes swept from left to right. She showed no emotion at all until she finished the letter. It made me more anxious of what she would say.

          "May I see the locket?" she said meeting my eyes.

          I removed the locket from my neck and gave it to her. She studied it very carefully then said, "This was Salazar Slytherin's."

          "Huh?" I really was confused.

          "Didn't you see the snake engraved at the back? It was the emblem of Slytherin," she said firmly.