Chapter 7: Tea at Hagrid's

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for some. And oh, would you be so kind and leave a comment about the chapter. Negative comments are welcome. Though, I really would prefer a postive one. Please vote if you liked it. Thank you! :D

          Potions lessons took place down in one of the dungeons. It was colder here than up in the main castle, and would have been quite creepy enough without the pickled animals floating in glass jars all around the walls.

          I gazed around the room to find an empty seat. Two seats were unoccupied yet. Fortunately, the other one was beside Sam. Unfortunately, Roses' was the others. Where will I sit? Beside Rose? Or beside my Sam.

          The question was answered by a stack of books on the table beside Sam. Defeated, I went my way beside Rose. She gave me a questioning look so I mouthed, Later. That kept her silent.

          Someone entered the room. In my surprise, Malfoy made his way all the way front. I was more shocked when I saw him sit beside Sam.

          This is definitely not my day.

          Thankfully, Professor Bulstrode entered the class with a boring look on her face.

          Bulstrode, like Macmillan, started the class by taking the roll call. When she called my name, she just merely looked. I was actually nervous when she called Sam. But when she called her name, she said it with acknowledgement and gave her a weak nod.

          She momentarily paused at Rose's name.

          "Ah, Yes," she said softly. "Rose Weasley. Granger and red head's—next."

          I glanced at Rose. I saw all the color in her face drained for a moment. I can say that this will definitely not be her favorite subject.

          "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking," she began. She spoke in barely more than a whisper, but we caught every word. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death—if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

          More silence followed this little speech. I looked at Rose beside me and we exchanged looks with raised eyebrows.

          "Weasley!" said Bulstrode suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

          Powdered root of what to an infusion of what? I glanced at Rose, who looked nervous but with a bright look on her face.

          "Professor," began Rose. "Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death," she said confidently.

          "No doubt you had your mother's brain," she said addressing the class. Then she added, "And your father's red face."

          As we climbed the steps out of the dungeon an hour later, my mind was racing and my spirits were low. Malfoy and Sam became partners for our first potion. They are the only ones who accomplished the potion. Bulstrode said that they were cute together. She's describing a tree from an entire forest. No way will she be cute with him!