Chapter 6: The Owl Post

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for some. And oh, would you be so kind and leave a comment about the chapter. Negative comments are welcome. Though, I really would prefer a postive one. Please vote if you liked it. Thank you! :D

          The Great Hall was occupied by all the students from every House—except for two, of course. But I put that thought at the back of my mind and tried to focus on my marmalade and sugar bowl.

          Luckily, I remembered something that took my mind off of Sam. Today was the schedule for the first Owl Post. Every one of us was waiting at the edge of our seats.

          "How many letters were you expecting to get today?" asked Rose with an obvious excitement on her voice.

          "I was expecting a letter from my mom, of course. Frankly, I am not expecting an owl from my dad since he's here with me at school. How about you?" I asked her back.

          "From mom and dad, obviously. Well, actually, I was kinda hoping that Gran would write to me. Needless to say, I—" she came to an abrupt halt. Loud screeches exploded inside the hall.

          Rose looked behind me and her eyes bulged in surprise. "Harry, seems like more people cared for you than you thought. There are, like, 4 owls heading our way!" she said in disbelief. "The only owl whom I think was for me is Pig!"

          I turned around and there were indeed 4 owls flapping their wings vigorously—like there were some race going on among them. He recognized the snowy white owl at once. The owl beside Hedwig(Hedwig died, I know. This owl was named after Hedwig) was rather tabby-looking. The owl beside it was no doubt for Rose. The last owl, however, seems out of place. Its feather was a deep black, and undeniably the largest.

          When the four owls landed in front of them, they each dropped letters on our plates. I opened the letter from Hedwig first.

Dear Albus,

            I heard from your dad you made it to Gryffindor. We are very proud of you, Al. Now, focus on your studies and do not do anything reckless. Do not make any of your teachers angry. Okay? Always watch out for your brother. He rather likes a laugh, your brother. Just bear with him.

            Are you making any friends? Say 'Hi' to Rose, will you? Send an answer back as soon as you receive this letter. I love you, dear. Take care.

Mum.

          I borrowed Rose's quill and wrote, I am making a lot of friends. I am always looking out after James. So glad dad's here. Miss you, mum. Love you, too on a parchment, and sent Hedwig off.

          Then, I took the letter from the tabby-looking owl.

          "It's from Hagrid!" I exclaimed.

Dear Albus,

        I just wanted to remind you about our tea this afternoon around three.

        I want to hear all about your first week. Send me and answer back with Tabbyfoot.

Hagrid.

          I scribbled, Yes, please, see you later on the back of the note and sent Tabbyfoot off again.

          Now, the only unopened letter was from the black owl. I took it hesitantly and opened. It's rather formal-looking.

Albus Severus Potter,

         I am really hoping that this letter will fall on your hands only.

         This is the mother of Samantha. I know that you do not know me. But believe me, I know everything about you. That's why it is you that I mailed.

         I know it's too much to ask but would you do me a favor? Would you take care of my Sam for me? I believe that you would be a very great wizard. So your word that you'll take care of her is enough for me.

         She's been having a hard time at the moment. This is her first time to be away from me. So would I have your word, please?

         In return, I am giving you a help. Tied with this parchment is a pair of necklace. One is for you and the other is for Sam. It is a very powerful object. It has been on our possession for a very long time. So I would appreciate it if you take care of it dearly. If you are wearing the green one, you would see and hear everything that has been happening to Sam—if she's wearing the red locket. It's only drawback was it was a one-way kind of communication. She'll never hear anything from you.

         Just give the red one to her casually. Do not tell her that it is me who gave the necklace. I would also like to ask you if you don't mind not telling this to hermy writing to you.

         Thank you so much in advance. And yes, her father was Voldemort. I would explain this complication soon.

Priscilla Hilda Malfoy.

          I stared at the letter for what seems like forever. I feel my head spin because of this revelation. I could not believe what I had just read. It couldn't be true. This letter is a joke. Someone was making a prank on me.

          Then, something slipped from the parchment—two necklaces. I stared at it in surprise. I picked it up and put it into eye level. I definitely detest any kind of jewelry but I would make a big exception for this one.

          This is totally and absolutely gorgeous. The locket was pentagon-shaped with an oval in the center. This one I'm holding has emerald on the lining of the pendant with an engraved snake at the back while the other one has rubies for its outer boundary and a lion behind.

          Okay. Let us say that she is not a joke. Let us say that this is true. I really don't mind looking out for Sam but what disturbed me the most was that Sam­—according to her—was a daughter of Voldemort.

          Oh, come on. That couldn't be possible. He died nineteen years ago. So Sam has been created nineteen years ago or more. She should be over nineteen years or older now. Yet, she is here at Hogwarts as a first year.

          I would explain this complication soon. That nagged me to the deepest pit of my stomach. It made me want to throw up. I just stared at nowhere in particular.

          "Albus Severus Potter!" I heard Rose shouted. I jumped up in fright. "What's the matter with you? I have been asking you the hundredth time already. And all you are doing is to stare somewhere. What happened? Who gave you the last letter?" Rose asked suspiciously. She started to get the paper from me. That made me went back to reality.

          I quickly shoved the paper inside my bag. She looked at me darkly.

          "It was from dad! He wrote to me, after all," I answered not looking at her eyes. I glanced at my watch and gave a fake squeak. "Potions was about to start. Let's just hurry to the dungeons right now. Don't wanna be late for Potions, do we?"

          I hurried my steps out of the Great Hall. I heard Rose trudged behind me. I faced her and said, "Rose, do you mind if I go to the loo?"

          "You just said we might be late for potions?!" Rose answered in incredulity.

          I didn't wait for her to yell at me some more. I went straight to the boy's bathroom and locked the door.

          I quickly opened my bag and took out the letter and the pair of necklace. I read the letter again and again. Not knowing what I'm doing, I put on the necklace with the emerald lining.

          I sighed, Bloody Hell.