Chapter 2 : Samantha No-Last-Name

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for some. And oh, would you be so kind and leave a comment about the chapter. Negative comments are welcome. Though, I really would prefer a postive one. Please vote if you liked it. Thank you! :D

          My mind was lingering on the blonde haired man. I was never bothered like this before. Does he know something that I don't? Do I need to say this to my dad?

          My internal babble was interrupted when a girl my age entered our compartment.

          "Can I sit with you? Everywhere else is full. I don't know anyone here. I'm a first year." said the girl.

          I cannot focus on what she was saying. I was suddenly captivated by her immaculate stance. She has brown straight hair with wavy curls at the end. She has beautiful body. But what captured me most was her gorgeous green eyes―they have the same depth as mine. She was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen!

          I heard Rose saying, "Of course. Al and I are the only ones sitting here at the moment. His brother will join us shortly."

          "Thank you," she said while arranging her luggage.

          Someone whispered to me that instantly broke the charm, "Al, your mouth."

          "Oh."

          I didn't realize that my mouth was popped open like a big letter O. Gosh. That was embarrassing. I helped her with her luggage and I became aware of her fragrance. It was the smell of strawberry cupcakes.

          The moment we finished, she sat beside Rose. It just came out of nowhere when I blurted out, "You do smell like strawberry cupcakes. They're my favorites."

          She stared at me for a moment, and then she answered hesitantly, "Oh. Um. Well, thank you."

          There was a moment of silence. What was I thinking? It was very awkward. Just shut your mouth, Albus Severus Potter!

          The piercing silence was broken by Rose when she asked, "What's your name?"

          "I'm Samantha," she said.

          "I am Rose Weasley and this is Albus Potter. You are Samantha?" prompted Rose.

          "Um. Just Samantha." answered Samantha with hesitant voice.

          I stared at her with disbelief. Does something like that really exist? What's wrong with her name? So I asked, "Why? Is there something wrong?"

          For a moment, she looked outside the window with brooding eyes. She was about to answer when the door compartment was opened by the lady pushing a trolley.

          "Anything from the trolley, dears?" she asked.

          My eyes bulged at the sight of the trolley. From the corner of my eye, I saw Rose took something from her pocket and stood once. Samantha just shook her head.

          Outside, I saw the Scorpius boy again buying sweets from the trolley. Our eyes met just for an instance. When he tore his eyes from mine, I saw a flicker in his eyes when he saw Samantha. I looked at Samantha but she is busy reading a book and not paying attention. When I looked back at Scorpius, he was already walking back to his compartment.

          "For you, dear?"

          "Oh."

          I took one from everything. With one last glance at the corridor, I went back inside the compartment.

          I politely asked Samantha but she just shook her head. I tried to make a casual conversation but gave up because of the lack of cooperation.

          I was eating my last chocolate frog when she put down her book then asked in an uncertain voice, "Which house would you want to be sorted?"

          "Well, I was actually hoping I would be in Gryffindor," answered Rose.

          "Anything is fine for me," I answered thinking of what my father told me. "How about you?" I asked.

          "I really wanted to be in Gryffindor too. But my mom told me that I should be in Slytherin. She actually told me to think of 'Slytherin.Slytherin.Slytherin' while I am being sorted," she answered honestly.

          "Are you a pureblood? Who are your parents?" I asked with interest.

          "My mom is a pureblood," she said without looking at my eyes.

          "How about your father?" asked Rose. I can hear the curiosity in her tone.

          "Um. Honestly, I don't know. I haven't seen him since I was born. Whenever I asked my mom, she would just say that he was a great man."

          I was bothered on how she used the past tense. There is something about this girl. At least she's beautiful. That reminded me of something.

          "Samantha, can I ask you something?" I asked. I was aware of my heart beating so fast.

          "You can call me Sam. And yeah, feel free to ask," she answered.

          "Do you know a boy named Scorpius?" I asked, meeting her beautiful eyes.

          "Well. Um. I remember my mom saying that we are related to them. You know, the Malfoys. So maybe he's my cousin or something. Why did you ask?" inclining her head to the side with a questioning look.

          "Nothing. It's just that I saw him looking after you awhile ago. I thought you knew each other well," I answered brightly then added, "I actually thought he was an admirer of yours. The way he looked at you."

          I.Am.Mad. Where does that come from? Could someone kill me, please?

          Suddenly, my regret was changed to bliss when I saw her blush and smile to herself. I realized that it was the first time I saw her smile. It was the most wonderful scene my eyes have ever seen my whole life.

          I jumped on my seat when someone from the door cleared his throat. I looked up to see James grinning darkly at me. Great.

          "I just came here to tell you to wear your robes. We are almost there," he said with eyes still on me. If looks could kill. He looked at Samantha and offered his hand, "Hello, there. I am James Potter. Having a good time, eh?"

          "I'm Samantha. Just Sam. And yes, Albus and Rose here are very nice to me," she said taking his hand.

          "Nice meeting you, Sam. See you later," he nodded then turned to me, "I'll talk to you later, Al. I believe you have something to say to me."

          Smiling, he closed the door then gave me a thumbs-up.

          I stared at him in disbelief. Great. Just great.