Chapter 8

-Skye-

 "I love you."

I couldn't believe I was saying this. The words flowed out of my mouth effortlessly, carelessly. I looked at him lovingly and caressed him with my hand. His eyes widened at my touch causing me to laugh.

 "Too soon." I whispered nervously. He merely looked again, with that puppy dog look I was beginning to adore. "But it has to be said. I. LOVE. YOU." I pointed my finger at him. "There, I said it." Receiving a few 'looks' from by passers however wasn't enough to stop me. "I can't help my feelings." I finished, whilst shrugging casually.

 "Girl. This dog has got you whipped." Kelly chuckled. I pried my eyes from him and met Kelly's amused ones.

 I can't help it though. He's just too adorable. What's his name?" I asked before snatching him from her grasp.

 We were sitting on a bench in central park eating candy I'd bought from Wal-mart. I didn't usually eat candy but I was already starting to get addicted to the multi-coloured goodness. Kelly had eagerly suggested we took a jog but after a good hour, I insinuated I needed a break. We had swerved through half of central park after all; dodged through all those trees.

 "You can name him. He does belong to you." She jealously informed. My face exposed the confusion I felt at her words.

 "Didn't I mention he's a present for you? My bad." She teased. I looked between her and the dog in awe, completely stunned.

 "For me?" I stuttered. My hand subconsciously removed the ringlets of hair blocking my face. She nodded her head slowly. It was soon after that, that I screamed excitedly.

 "Oh my god... Kelly! I can't believe you did this." I crushed her into a gigantic bear hug, forgetting about the source of excitement for a few seconds. Until he yapped of course.

 "I'm sorry honey. I'll hug you as well." Grabbing the dog into my arms, I cuddled him softly. Affectionately.

 Then turning back to Kelly, I nudged her on the arm. "Why did you get me a dog and how did you know I wanted a Yorkshire terrier?" She merely sighed. "Well?" I prompted.

 "Have you forgotten a special day that's coming soon?" She alleged. My eyebrow shot up involuntarily and my mouth pursed tight like a prune.

 "Special day?"

 Groaning, she pulled my shoulders toward her and shook me vigorously. "Your birthday is coming up soon. This is my present because I knew you wanted a dog."

 "Kelly, my birthday is like in six weeks." I laughed as I stroked the mushroom coloured dog. His ears and part of his head were ebony as well as a large stripe down his back leading to his tail. I loved it.

 "I thought I'd make you happy." She shrugged.

 "Well, thank you." I beamed candidly. "I think I'll call him Romeo." Kelly simply smirked at my choice. She knew how much I loved Romeo and Juliet. "And maybe Dundee for a middle name. Romeo Dundee Adams. R.D." I added.

 "You do like the movie Crocodile Dundee." She quipped.

 I patted the dog as the idea of owning a dog ultimately hit me. I had a dog. I had to take care of him. Looking around, I watched the cordial people of New York City hustle around everywhere. The place was cramped now that the carnival had left. I'd had a feeble hope that Kade would take me to it however he didn't live up to his promise. Instead of taking me to the carnival as he'd advocated, we'd gone to a restaurant. Not that I was unhappy about that, I'd just had a desire to go to the carnival after four years.