Chapter 7

-Kade-

 I walked towards my apartment holding a bag of Pop tarts, cereal and a big bottle of Pepsi. Lucas was going to kill me because waiting was not his thing and it was now late evening. Pulling out my phone I saw I had 5 new text, two missed calls and voice mails from the boys. Realising how late it was getting I started to jog home instead, a few images of Lucas running through my head at the same time. He had looked hurt really badly and the thought of him made me shudder involuntarily.

 My mental premise of whether Luke would understand or not ended as my head began to pain and my thoughts were smothered, almost engulfed, by pain. Sitting on a bench my thoughts returned to a brief account of my day and seeing Skye. Anything to take away the pain.

 I wondered in hindsight if I should have waited to find out why exactly Skye's friend had been sending death glares my way. Right before I’d literally promised my heart and soul to her. Truthfully I didn't regret it, but now that I think about it, I should have waited.

 Grunting as I hauled myself up again, I played back a few more memories in my head, just to keep my mind from thinking about the burning sensation that had now reached my hands. It was spreading across my body like a plague.

 I thought about memories that I had erased from my mind a long time ago, just to rid myself of the excruciating pain that hit my body. Something wasn't right; I had my being a doctor as an excuse to not see those paramedics properly. Panicked thoughts flooded through me. Did I have concussion or something? Before I could register my eyes began to droop and l felt the world sway underneath my feet. I heard a thump followed by the pain hitting me like cold water. A numbing sensation flooded through me and my whole body became loose and pretty much lifeless.

There was nothing I could do; closing my eyes I let myself fall in to a dark abyss beneath me.

 As my eyes opened bright lights shone around me and a dark haired man was shining a torch in my eyes. I grunted and pushed him away with as much force as I could. A whirlpool of thoughts and day’s events returned to me in a sudden jolt. Standing up I gave the man a weak smile as he helped me up. The pain in my head resided but I could feel an unnerving pain running through my left arm. Shaking it of I picked up my bags and thanked the man. I mentally braced myself for Lucas's angry face, whilst I juddered and walked the rest of the way home. Today had been a much unexpected day and a lot of thinking had been involved as well. I just wanted to relax.

-Calvin-

I lay still on the black love seat staring at the ceiling. Though my mind posted blank from anger I could feel so many thoughts and emotions swimming around in my head. Grunting I sat up and stared at the blank TV screen in deep thought. There was a soft knock on the door followed by a sound of giggling girl. I mentally groaned and opened the door revealing a short girl with peroxide blonde hair and a sickly sweet smile on her face. She licked her lips and giggled as I raised my eyebrow and observed her skimpy outfit. She was wearing a hot pink bikini top and blue washed out short shorts. I frowned at her appearance, taking in her orange tinged skin and her pink cheeks. 

"Not. In. The. Mood.... Stranger" I whispered before giving a short wave and slamming the door. She swore all colours of the rainbow at me before running away however he voice was muffled through the door. Shaking my head a grabbed a now cold coffee of the counter and drained it out leaving it to dry on the rack. 

Slipping in to my bed and ignoring the frigid feel if covers I let my thoughts run aimlessly.  

*Earlier that day*

Running in to Coffease I searched around for Skye. Realising that she was nowhere to be seen, I decided to go ahead and order. We would usually come for lunch together on Friday but she was obviously busy. I saw my sister's friend talking to somebody in the far corner of the room. She was fair and tall with a slender small build. Winking cheekily at her with a grin I made my way over to the counter. A kid around the age of 16 or 17 with dread locks was stirring a coffee and tapping his foot to the beat of the pop music playing from his iPod. Shaking my head at his poor choice of music I opened my mouth to give my order. He put his hand out signalling for me to stop and flicked the switch on his player.