Chapter 18

~Skye's POV~

Life is short. There are times when you get caught in the big moments and the big dreams that you forget exactly how short life can be. Life is precious and life should be lived in leaps and bounds no matter what they say about small and steady winning the race. Surely taking to things slowly means that you won't live to the end of the race anyway.

I woke up sore and overwhelmed: the smell of orange spice surrounded me and my watery eyes groaned at the overpowering scent that strengthened and forced my eyes to open. I was in a room. I looked around; my vision still foggy. I was in a room with white walls and blurred out people wandering around. I was in a quiet white haven where nobody could hurt me, or kill my dog or make my life difficult. I was cared for yet I was left to my own little bubble.

I tried to remember what happened to me, but the last thing I remembered was going to Coffease and being nervous about a court order.

I sat up slowly and saw a patient from across the hall, with her room door open like me, sat staring wearily at me. As if trying to tell me to be careful. The kind gesture made me smile kindly at her and close my eyes briefly.

I'd obviously fallen asleep because I woke up with a start after what felt like five minutes. Looking out the small window however, it'd have to have been a few hours. My mind was fuzzy and I found myself shaking my head to patch up the blank spaces. What day was it? Looking down, I was filled with confusion as I saw a strange bracelet on my hand made from some sort of thin rope. It was pretty. It had small beads on it. They were black and shaped strangely, in the middle was a little stone that matched the real blue in my eyes.

But it was foreign to me, even though it had a sort of worn in look about it. I also noticed that my nails were completely bitten off and in need of a serious manicure. But I clearly remember getting a perfect French manicure two day ago. Or what I thought was two days ago...What the?!

 I shrugged my shoulders and went back to sleep again carelessly. For some reason when I'm in hospital this is what happens. I become so carefree and happy in my own little world but I have never known why. I could be on the brim of death and not care one bit. I tend to be here a lot too.

Within an hour of falling into my deep slumber, I was awoken by a short stubby man with a Hitler moustache and a bad 'tude.

"I have some news for you. But first I have to follow protocol and ask you how you’re feeling?"

"Umm nice to meet you too Dr... Holden McGroin?"

The doctor let out an exasperated breath. "Damn that blasted trainee doctor. The dog is so depressed yet still has time for his goddamn jokes!" He ranted before storming away in a rage of frustration. A bubble of laughter left my lips as I watched the stubby man run like Snow White on Coke. I had no idea what was going on but at least he made me laugh.

I fiddled with my fingers as I wondered why I was alone. Surely Cal, Rosie or even Kels would come and see me. This vexed me greatly and I shut my eyes tightly in hope that I could just disappear. Ah the things that I did when I was bored. My eyes snapped open as I felt a pair of eyes on me.

 Amnesia. I was recovering from slight amnesia. And I almost remembered everything. Seeing Cal, had brought everything back. He walked towards me, yellow roses in hand, with a small innocent smile on his face. But he wasn't innocent. He had done something wrong because it had hurt my feelings. But what did he do. I don't know.

"You're awake Skye." He stated interrupting my thoughts.

"I have partial amnesia?" I replied coldly.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"I couldn't remember anything from the last few weeks but when you walked in, it triggered my memory back...but there's still...there is still little gaps and holes in my mind. Something is missing." I finished as I shifted uncomfortably in the bed. I definitely had amnesia. How hard had I hit my head? I clearly remember crying, sobbing with anguish, and spilling my cream soda. I remember standing up with my pizza in hand but slipping clumsily because the tears dimmed my watery vision. The last thing I remember is my perfect "O" of smarties hitting the ground in a disgusting soft wet clump beneath the pizza. Actually the last thing I remembered was thinking 'Calvin's wrong about blue smarties, they do stain.'

"Do you remember what-"

"Yes." I cut in before he could finish his sentence.

"But I don't remember why I was crying, why something you did made me so upset and why the freaking hell I was soo freaking upset in the first place." I cried in hindrance.

"It was my fault, I...umm...I...we got into a fight and I...mentioned your parents." He confessed guiltily.

"Oh." I responded as I thought about my family...and something else. A dog. Oh my god I remembered my little doggy. Little Romeo that practically had his guts ripped out. Calvin left in an awkward state as I barely broke out of my silent trance to say goodbye. Something had just occurred to me.

I remember something else. Mud and the smell of roses and "I hope you and drunken Romeo are very happy together" echoing through my brain. What? Drunken Romeo? Who said that? And how is it that I have this feeling it is related to my beautiful crazy dog dying.

What was with my doggy? Oh yeah, a thorned rose and a piece of paper with "Romeo has to go" written at the bottom...

I strained my brain. Something was missing, something important and I couldn't remember what?! Turns out ill people shouldn't try to strain the fragile brain.

I blacked out.

The End. Epilogue will be posted soon and we will be quitting Wattpad soon too, *Sobs*. Bysie Bye.