Chapter 12

Darkness surrounded me as I hesitantly took steps towards the exit of the deserted high school.

Having not been here in so many years it all looked so foreign to me. How did I get here? Why did I come here? Was I drunk? Thoughts swirled through my pounding head as I broke into a slow paced jog. Eventually I reached the exit, sweat prickling on my neck, head throbbing and heart hammering heavily. Opening the door I ran out only to find I was greeted by the site of a dark and derelict Coffease. Fear bubbled in my stomach as howls of winds billowed around the building and a flickering light swung from the ceiling, the light focused on one table. My eyes shot from one corner of the room to the other. Nothing.

Bare, empty.... almost isolated. The coffee counters, the other tables and people had all gone. Now stood just one table. MY table. The little alcove of what was once heaven, with my name scratched into the side, just sitting in its own intimidating spotlight.

"Welcome to Coffease may I take your order!" Whispered a voice. I gasped in fright as I saw the once sunny and over confident waitress that now stood under the flickering light. A soft moan left my dry lips as I watched her come around to the center of the room. She was sickly pale with a hospital gown hanging loosely from her frail sickening body. Her hair was straw like and greasy and her tired eyes were baggy and dark.

On one side she had an IV sticking out of her and she was holding a file with several pictures and reports inside. On her other side where the table was, sat my favourite coffee, the one I had requested the annoying waitress to bring me so long ago. Except there was something wrong with it. It was mouldy, green oozing out from the large mug. Bug and worms crawled out of it and glop began dripping from the rim. A bloodcurdling shriek escaped me and I turned back to ill girl.

"You sent those innocent children to jail!"

I screamed in shock as she showed me pictures of a hooded figure ripping up different people. Kelly, Rosie,Calvin, my brothers, Mick, my other friends, my dead parents.

And they continued like that.

Dozens and dozens of gruesome spine chilling pictures. Suddenly a shadow was cast across me, as I knelt forward retching and sobbing. 

"Hello there, how are you? Y'know Skye I killed them-" I looked up to a familiar voice, to see a man towering over me with Kelsey clinging from his arm sneering. He kicked me sharp in the gut and I immediately began to clutch my stomach as he sent another kick to my head. I lay there on the ground in front of him as he chuckled lightly.

"Dear old parents, they put up a fight. Kept saying you were late for your lessons on how to be presentable for society and crap. But dear me your big brother was the worst, attacked me with one of his drug needles on my leg, so he had to go. Fortunately it became pretty useful when I was killing him. Overdose. Simple really! I blame the parents, when life throws money at you... use it to buy drugs." He continued. I screamed in protest as he twirled a long jagged Swiss army knife in his hand. Much to my relief he paused and shoved it into his back pocket.

As I sat there with shoots of pain throughout my entire body I felt red tinge into my blurry vision. I was dying.... closing my eyes I began to lose sense of everything. Until someone shook me vigorously.

"Hey, what’s up with you, you can’t just die yet. I mean at least put up a fight!" Roared Kelsey, who was now dressed in black skinny jeans and a beige jersey dress. She looked like the bright bubbly girl I had seen the day we met but instead of a smile, she was scowling deeply at my bloody battered body.

"So what did you think of my brother. Cool right? He is my SUPERMAN! You would be lucky to be with him. But you blew it. So sorry bab-" As she was finishing her sentence I felt another heavy blow to my stomach. I looked up at a shocked Kelsey which only turned into a full blown grin.