Chapter 77- Oh Mother

I'm so so so sorry for not updating sooner. Didn't mean to leave you guys hanging like that. Anyway I'll try to post more.

Harley P.O.V:

I froze. Eva grinned at me. "What the f-,"Zoe shouted but May covered her mouth.

"We're at a church outing,"she uncovered Zoe's mouth. "What the fudge is wrong with you?" She pushed Eva.

Eva just smiled. "Come on,"she held my hand. "Let's go sit down."

I yanked my arm away and stared at her in disbelief. "Don't touch me." I shook my head then walked away.

Flynn ran after me.

"If you're going to ask me for an explanation I can't explain anything. I don't know what just happened. I'm so freaking confused-"

"She used you,"he held my shoulders."She's trying to get back at her mom. You have to dump her before things get worse."

I looked around. Eva's mom was pulling her in the direction of the exit and people were staring at them. Thank goodness nobody knew who I was-

"Aren't you Pastor Branson's grand daughter?,"a lady stood beside me.

"Uhmm...Why do you need to know?"

"No reason,"the lady smiled then walked over to a group and started whispering and pointing at me.

I frowned looking at the floor.

Flynn held my hand. "Come on. Let's go home."

We walked over to my grandparents table. My grandfather couldn't even look at me.

"I'm uh..,"Flynn scratched his head,"..I'm taking Harley home."

"Do that,"my Nana nodded. "Tell her mother we'll be home in a few."

"Sure,"Flynn squeezed my hand and started walking away.

I pulled my hand away and looked at my grandmother. "Nana, I'm so so sorry,"I started crying,"It wasn't me. I didn't plan on kissing her-"

"Harley,"she looked at me,"I know. Go home."

Flynn held my hand again.

I wiped my cheek with the palm of my hand and walked away with him.

We walked up the sidewalk and my eye started twitching. I angrily squeezed Flynn's hand.

"Oww!,"he let go shaking his hand. "What the hell!?"

"I'm going to kill Eva,"I grit my teeth.

"You said that about Danny. Remember?"

"Yeah, but this is different. Do you know how much trouble I'm going to be in? I was supposed to dump her months ago! My mom is gonna flip when she finds out I didn't listen to her plus I embarrassed my grandparents infront of a church..thingy!"

"What's wrong with two girls kissing at a church banquet?"

"You know the answer."

"Really,"he looked at me and chuckled,"I don't."

"My grandfather's a pastor,"I shook my head, then I started freaking out. "I messed up everything for him...Oh my goodness, he probably won't even have a church funeral. It'll be like those beach weddings where they get married outside. Only this time it'll be a funeral-"

"Wait, you don't want a beach wedding?"

"It wouldn't matter...Why are we talking about weddings? My mom is gonna die!"

"Then you'll just have to bury two bodies."

I looked at him with furrowed brows. "Why would you say that?"

"Because I know that none of that will happen. Your mom might get mad or whatever but nothing will happen-"

"How could you be so sure-"

"Harley, nothing will happen to you, your mom, or your grandfather. I'm sure of it."

I smiled up at him.

* * *

We walked up my steps and the door opened.

My mom looked at me. "Flynn, go home."

Flynn looked at me then let go of my hand and walked away.

I followed my mother inside. My dad was sleeping on the couch. I guess he didn't want to be a part of whatever was about to go down.

My mother walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. "Cookie?,"she pushed the plate infront of me.

"No....thank you,"I stared at the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and tried not to look too tempted.

"Suit yourself,"she started eating them.

"How'd you...how'd you know?,"I folded my arms.

"That you were craving cookies or that you didn't call off your crap with Eva?"

"Mom I'm-"

"Sorry, like I told you you would've been in this mess if you didn't call it off with Eva! Now look what's happened. You kissed her-"

"I didn't! She did...She wanted to piss off her mom or something."

"Well you've both accomplished your goal of pissing off your mothers."

"That wasn't my intention,"I cried. "I just..,"I wiped my eyes,"I started feeling bad for Eva."

"Why are you so much like your father-"

"Keep me out of it!,"my dad shouted from the living room.

"You need to tell "Eva" that your little thing is over."

"I was going to, but she...I'm still going to."

"You better,"she bit the last cookie. "No eat these before I mess up my diet."

"Uhm," I watched her pop the cookie in her mouth. "That was the last one."

"Oh...That's too bad,"she got up and put the plate in the sink. "You've got school. Go to bed."

"It's ten thirty-"

"Bed, Harley. Now."

I walked away. At least she didn't die.