Chapter 26- The invitation

I wanna thank you guys for putting up with my terrible grammer...GRAMMAR, sorry. Lol. Enjoy.

I walked over to Hayden. He was standing by his locker. "Hey,"he smiled at me. "Your eye's healing."

"Yeah,"I smiled. "Should be healed by Friday."

"Okay....I just received an invitation to a party this Saturday night,"he showed it to me. "Did you get one?"

I looked at the card. "Megan's birthday is on Halloween? No wonder she acts like such a monster."

He laughed.

"I doubt she invited me. Besides I wouldn't want to go,"I handed it back to him.

He stepped foward. "What if I'm going? You can be my date?"

I blushed and looked down. "I don't know...I'm not really the party type."

"You're my type."

I looked at him.

"Come on, Harley,"he held my hand. "Do you know how stupid Danny will feel if he sees you walking in with me?"

I smiled. "He will feel stupid, won't he?..,"I've remembered Eva. "Uhm...I've got something to tell you."

"Okay, go ahead."

"Not here...Uhm..Let's go somewhere private."

"Harley-"

"I have a girlfriend."

"Is that some type of STD?,"he chuckled. "...Oh..You're serious. Are you gay?"

"No....It's a really long story. That's why we need to go somewhere private."

He squinted at me. "Does she know?"

"Who?"

"Your girlfriend."

"Yeah..yeah. We're both faking it.- Can we please go somewhere private?"

"Okay....."

I held his hand and we started walking. May was heading our way.

"Where are you guys going?,"she smiled at me.

"Uh..We're- uhm...You know what? Come with us. I think I should tell the both of you."

"Oh..kay. Tell us what?"

"Harley has a fake girlfriend,"Hayden smiled at her.

"Wait like a mannequin or-"

"Oh my- Ugh!,"I shook my head.

*  *  *

"So you and Eva made out before?,"May furrowed her brows at me.

"NOT...made..out. We,"I looked down, picking the grass,"kissed a couple of times- But only so Heather wouldn't suspect that we were faking it."

"That's hot,"Hayden smiled.

We looked at him.

"I mean...that's disgusting."

"Okay,"I pointed at him. "You've made it worst."

He chuckled then frowned. "So you did all that to make Flynn jealous?"

"No,"I shook my head. "I did it for Eva."

"So, that's why you can't go to to the party with me?"

"Wait,"May looked at him,"What party?"

"Megan's stupid Halloween birthday party,"I shook my head.

"Oh, well you know I won't be there."

"Me either...Unless my escort is still up for it,"I looked at Hayden.

He smiled. "Of course I am."

I smiled.

May frowned. I thought it was because she wanted to go to the party but it wasn't.

He stood up. "So what costume are you going to wear?"

"I'm going to be Wednesday Addams. Since everyone calls me that,"I stood too. "I wonder if Flynn's going." I dusted of the back of my pants.

"We shouldn't have to care,"Hayden helped May up.

"He's my friend. I care if he's going or not."

"I hear you...I just...You know what never mind."

I looked at him.

He seemed upset that I kept mentioning Flynn.

I walked over to him and held his hand.

"You know,"May ran after us. "It'll be weird for you to start dating again so quickly."

"No. You know what's weird? Me having a girlfriend."

Hayden laughed.

We walked into the school and down the hallway.

Flynn was standing by my locker with a bucket of water and a cloth in his hand.

I walked over to him with a smile. I folded my arms and leaned up against a locker beside him.

He looked at me and then continued scrubbing the locker. "For a girl who wears black alot, your locker sure is colorful."

I giggled and punched his shoulder. "You're really amazing, you know that? You skipped class to clean my locker?"

"It's my fault. Gotta clean up the mess."

"Thanks...Leave the dog though. I like it."

He smiled.

"Have you heard about Megan's party?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah..But I'm not going. Why? Are you going?"

"Hayden invited me to come with him."

"Ha..Hayden?,"he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah....I mean, I'm the only person he talks to so-"

"He talks to alot of people,"he looked at the locker and started scrubbing it harder. "He can go with them."

I furrowed my brows at him. "He wants to go with me, Flynn."

"Why?...You're not single."

"What is your problem?...He likes me."

"And you like him?"

I didn't answer him.

"Are you even sure you're the one he likes?,"he looked at Hayden and May.

I looked at them. They were standing by a locker giggling at something on his phone.

"You're pretty, she's funny."

May looked up at him. I could see that she liked him by the look in her eyes.

I frowned.

"He'll be smart enough to choose the one he's compatible with. And it's not you-"

I snatched the wet rag out of his hand and threw it in his face then walked away. Of course Hayden and I were "compatible". And even of we weren't, May wasn't either.