Chapter 22- Give Them what they want

May sat on my bed.

"Why didn't you tell me?,"I shouted at her. "What does he have on you?,"I folded my arms.

"Who-"

"Danny!"

She began to shake. "As you know, I'm not very smart. I wasn't going to move up to eighth grade if I didn't pass my math exam. You know that I'm a seventh day adventist and I couldn't come do it on the Saturday so I had to do it on the Monday...."

"Go on."

"He gave me the test answers from Saturday's exam."

"What?...."

"I knew you would be mad."

"I sat in that exam room with you that Monday and you acted so calm."

"I'm never calm during an exam. I knew the answers...so I was calm."

"I'm disappointed May."

She started crying.

"You couldn't even give me the answer for number five."

"What?,"she wiped her tears.

"Come here,"I hugged her. "I'm not happy that you cheated, but I'm happy you're in the eleventh grade with me. If you need any help, hit me up. We can be study buddies."

"Okay," she started crying again. "You're such a good friend."

"I know,"I giggled.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?"

My mood changed. "I'm going to kill him with my dad's shotgun."

* * *
I sat in my mother's car staring out the window. She was asking me why I didn't want to drive with Flynn but I wasn't in the mood to talk. My boyfriend had been cheating on me and Flynn had been using me. He wanted a girl he could talk crap to and make out with so he chose me and now he was tired of me.

I got out of the car and slammed the door.

"Harley," my mother shouted.

I looked at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Bye."

She drove off.

May and Hayden were waiting for me.

"Where's the shotgun?,"Hayden laughed.

"You told him?,"I looked at May.

She shrugged.

I shook my head. I cried the day the Friday night, not realizing that I was just as bad as Danny. I made out with Flynn more than once. I wasn't any different from Danny. We talked to each other without feeling guilty about what we had done. We didn't really like each other, we just thought we did. But Brandy, she deserved a good beating. She lied to my face and acted so cool with me. Just like Flynn did to his girlfriend. We were all terrible people.

"What's the plan?,"May smiled at me.

"Plan?,"I looked at her. "I had the shotgun, but I didn't have bullets."

She looked at Hayden in shock. They walked after me.

Flynn caught up. "Come on Harley,"he walked backwards in front of me. "Talk to me. Please?"

I stood straight. "Could you back off?..Please?" I walked around him.

"Harley."

I ignored him.