Chapter 24- What are friends for

I jumped at a knock on the window. I quickly sat up. It was Hayden.

"Hey,"I opened the door and got out of the car.

"Mr. Roberts almost called an Amber alert for you two,"he smiled. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah..He was just tired."

"He was crying."

"No...He wasn't."

"Harley, I'm not stupid..and neither are the other students. Everyone's talking about it. They think that it's about his dad."

"His dad?"

"Yes. I heard a girl say something about him crying like this because of his father not being there for him or something. She said that he had an episode like this in the seventh grade when his mom remarried."

I looked at Flynn. Maybe that was why he kept saying that he felt unwanted.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Wait, what time is it?"

"It's four thirty. You two slept all day."

"Holy crap,"I got back into the car. "Flynn,"I shook his shoulder. "Flynn."

He sat up. "Yeah mom?"

"Wow."

His eyes grew. "Whoa- Oh, hey..What's going on?"

"School's over."

"It is?"

"Yeah..I've gotta go get my stuff. Coming?"

"Yeah,"he pulled his seat back up and opened his door. He got out.

I quickly did the same. "I have to get my books from Mr. Roberts' classroom."

"Oh, my stuff are in the car."

"Well...just come with me."

He smiled. "I guess I do need to wake up a little."

I smiled back. "Let's go."

* * *
We walked past my locker and headed to Mr. Roberts classroom. I quickly knocked on his door.

He looked at me as if I were a ghost.

I opened the door and walked in. "I'm sorry I didn't come back to class. I was-"

"With Flynn?,"he raised his brows. "Yes. I can see that. I don't know what's going on with you two but you can't cut classes."

"It was my fault,"Flynn looked at him. "I'm really sorry sir."

I walked over to my desk.

"What's wrong Flynn?,"Mr. Roberts tilted his head at him.

"Nothing,"Flynn shrugged.

I walked over to the door with the book in my hand. "Thank you. Flynn let's go."

Flynn followed me.

I walked over to my locker. As I approached I could see the markings on it. There was a drawing on it of a pit bull on it and the word "bitch" written in caps underneath it. There were bad words all around it.

"Who would do something like this?,"I frowned at it.

"S-seems to me like more than one person,"Flynn pushed his hands in his pockets.

I looked at him.

He looked down.

I quickly opened the locker and took my bag out, stuffing my books in it. I marched off.

* * *

I sat in his car facing the window. I looked at him. "Flynn."

"Yeah,"he looked at me by the corner of his eye.

"Did you do it?"

"No..,"his eye twitched,"Why would I?"

I looked away. "I don't know...Why would you?"

He pulled up into his driveway. "God, I can't lie to you. I did it-"

"Oh my-"

"I was mad okay? Really heart broken....Other kids wrote on it too-"

"So what? Does that make you any less guilty than them? You did it first." I opened the door and rushed out, heading across the street.

"Harley," he ran after me.

I quickly ran up the steps and unlocked the door to my house.

He rushed inside. "We just made up. I can't have you mad at me again."

"Go home, Flynn,"I ran up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door.

He opened it.

"What are you? Deaf? Go home."

"I can't go home with you mad at me.....Are you mad?"

"No....You were upset..You weren't thinking straight...Go home Flynn."

He turned around.

"Wait."

He looked at me.

I walked over to him and hugged him. I looked up at him. "Thank you for stopping me from making a mistake...I don't know what I would have done without you."

He smiled at me. Then he got that dazed look in his eyes. He quickly put his hands on my back, pressing me against him. He leaned in and started kissing me.

I put my hand on his cheek and the other over his shoulder. I stepped back until my leg hit the bed.

He slowly laid me down on the bed.

I stopped kissing him. "When you said we shouldn't...You were right. We shouldn't."

"Yeah,"he cleared his throat and stood straight. "Uh...I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded.

He smiled. "Bye,"he scratched his head.

"Bye,"I smirked.

He walked over to the door. "I- uhm..Thank you..for..coming to my rescue when I was- uhm-"

"Crying?"

"Yeah, that."

I giggled. "Anytime. What are friends for?"