Truth or Dare: Chapter 38

***A/N: Sorry Sorry Sorry for the super late upload.  This week has just been crazy, and I know this is a short chapter but hopefully the ending will be satisfying-- or will it?

<< Vote for Watty's?  Please!! I seriously need everything I can get because the competition is drawing to a close-- and very soon.  vv Comment!! I LOVELOVELOVE getting comments-- like no joke.  They make my day.  Rant to me :D  Tell me what you think ^-^

Finally, I want to dedicate this chapter to sassysmartgurl93 for seriously keeping up with me and making my day and helping calm me down before my PSAT's ;D  Anyways, enjoy!!
************************************************************************************************************

You never get a second change to make a first impression.  ~Unknown 

I stayed slumped in my bed as my phone gave another vibrating sound, signaling that someone has called me, just as it had for the past few minutes.  When it had finally stopped, I slowly got up from my position and walked dazedly towards my phone.  Six missed calls.  All from Ethan.  Grinding my teeth in frustration, I threw down my phone and slumped back to my bed, sinking into the comforting covers, trying to get my mind off of the reality of this world.

Yes, I was probably being over dramatic.

No, I didn’t want to talk to him.

At that moment, my phone gave another loud buzz.  

Letting out a loud huff of anger, I refused to get up again, instead pretending to ignore the incessant vibrating sound my phone was giving off.  In the back of my head, I knew that I should answer the phone but my entire body refused to.  In all honesty, I didn’t want to talk to Ethan.  Not even one word.  Not after--

ZZZZ

Grinding my teeth in annoyance, I finally got up and stalked over to my phone, curiosity and frustration getting the best of me.  Roughly, I stabbed the ‘answer’ button, slightly hurting my finger, and noted how the caller ID clearly said ‘Ethan White’.   Inwardly, I willed myself not to say anything stupid.  Not to act as if I did care.

I persuaded myself not to break down.

Yea, I should be so lucky.

“What do you want?”  I asked tightly, not caring whether I sounded rude or not.

“Not even a hi?”  he said lightly trying to bring up the atmosphere.

“No,”  I said bluntly, bringing both of us back to reality.  A heavy cloud sat upon both of us, ready to rain on which ever it chooses, while exposing the sun for the other.  The air turned into a thick, uncomfortable fog that felt suffocating after a while.

“Well,”  he chuckled slightly but I could tell automatically that it was fake, “how have you been?”

“Just peachy,”  I bit back sarcastically.

“That’s--”

“Look,”  I cut in impatiently, “I don’t have all day.  What is it you want?”

“You sound angry,”  he said a bit bemused.  Silently fuming at his seemingly uncaring attitude, I bit my tongue from responding, instead boring a hole into the wall in front of me with an unwavering gaze.  My mind clouded with thoughts of frustration, and I took in several deep breaths in order to bring myself back to the present.

“Can you come over?” he asked hesitantly after a while.  Nervously, I held my breath, unsure whether to feel happy or angry at this proposition.   My heart pounded loudly against my chest, my feelings wavering from one to another.  Should I?  Should I not?  “Well?”  he probed after a while.