Truth or Dare: Chapter 30

***A/N: Sorry for not uploading more often :/  I've been super busy lately; school and forensics and key club and etc... ANYWAYS Before you forget--

<--- Vote?!  And leave a comment below!! thanks(: and enjoy! (YAY half way through finishing.. maybe  a bit more >D )
************************************************************************************************************ 

Too many people miss the silver lining because they are too busy looking for the gold.  ~Maurice Setter

I tried to add some sort of bounce into my step as I walked home, but sadly, my attempt not only failed, but tired me out more as well.  In the end, I reverted back to walking at a sluggish pace, wishing that the sun was slightly lower so that I wouldn’t have to squint my eyes to see.  Unfortunately, my walk home was directly facing the sun, not even at a slant, but directly.  That was because I had to stay after today.

I had to stay after because of two reasons; those two reasons being two teachers.

Good news: Mrs. Brute is ‘extremely elated at my progress in class’.  In other words, I am now safe from the possibility of getting a ‘B’ as long as I keep my grade up.

Bad news: My Spanish grade was going down and according to the teacher, Mr. Alvarez, if I don’t step it up, I’m not going to be very happy with my final result.  Therefore, I needed an ‘A’ on my finals.

Mr. Alvarez es estupido.  Take that, yo do speake espanol, I thought angrily to myself, not even sure if that made sense.  My grades were bouncing around like crazy the moment I moved into Villa Park.  It was like they refused to let anyone take the easy way out.  Then again, that was a good thing, I suppose.

My thoughts drifted to the end of the school year, a mere one week away.  One week, I thought to myself, feeling slightly giddy and yet somewhat sad at the same time.  It was crazy to think how only a couple months ago, I would do anything not to come here.  Anything not to move away from my friends in Las Vegas.  And yet, here I was, feeling as if life would be so much more boring if I hadn’t moved.

Not that I don’t miss my old friends although I haven’t heard from any of them in a long time.  I suppose we sort of lost contact after a couple of weeks.

Distance has a funny way of making you let go of your old friends and cling onto your new ones.

I let out a long, drawn out sigh, suddenly realizing and feeling slightly unnerved that I was out walking all by myself.  I hastily looked around me, trying to find someone who was out on the streets.  Surprisingly, no one was there.  Come to think of it, I haven’t seen many cars drive by either.  

Despite the warmth, I let out a shiver, chills creeping up my spine and my mind tossed and turned with uncomfortable thoughts that made me cringe.  Sure, it was in the bright sunlight, but after watching two horror movies within a couple months, I felt nearly sure that anything could happen right now.  I rubbed my eyes, trying to block out the creepy feelings I was getting.

“Whoa, watch it,”  an all-too-familiar voice cautioned me.  I instinctively stepped back, freezing slightly at the sound.  

See, I told you anything could happen.

“Dustin?”  I raised my head to look into his blue eyes that contained a hint of worry.

“Kylie?”  

An awkward silence resulted as we both stared at each other.  The last time we had talked was the first day of Spring Break, and that wasn’t exactly a pleasant memory for either one of us.  I cringed as I thought of the memory, remembering bits and parts of it that were all embarrassing in one way, shape, or form.