Truth or Dare: Chapter 27

***Author's Note: Dedicated this chapter to one of my closest friends ever (; We've been through a LOT like A LOT! Thanks for being there for me(: enjoy~ 

************************************************************************************************************

I'm dumbfounded, but nothing surprises me in this game.  ~Francis Lee

“Did you see that?”  Aiden gripped my arm, shaking it violently and pointing at the television.

“They threw a ball.”  I said dryly, avoiding the urge to let out a yawn.

“NO!”  Aiden bellowed.  “It was a touchdown.”

“So they got a point.”

“Yes.”  

Sighing, I took in Aiden’s enthralled expression, wondering how he could be so captivated in a game that involved sweaty guys running back and forth with a ball.  Personally, I preferred sports that involved no balls (no pun intended).  That meant no hand-eye coordination, something I most definitely did not have.

“Did you see that?”  Aiden said again, this time his voice more disappointed.

“They threw a ball.”  I repeated, feeling that this was very much the same conversation as before.

“NO!”  Aiden bellowed again.  “The other team got a point.  It was a touchdown.”

I suppressed the urge, yet again, to let out a yawn, “That’s cool.”

“No it’s not,”  he leaned closer to the television, squinting his eyes as if diagnosing which player should move where.  Sighing, I grabbed the remote out of Aiden’s lap and flipped off the television.  “Hey!”  he exclaimed, trying to grab the remote back, “that was a good part!”

“Let’s go do something other than sit around bored,”  I got off of the couch and stretched my leg.  We were currently sitting on the couch in my living room; apparently his dad was my dad’s colleague, and we were having some sort of party in the kitchen.  

Let me rephrase that: A marine biologist party.

Which meant they were discussing scientific facts for fun.

These are the parties you really need to watch out for; they are wild.  I heard a wave of laughter coming from the kitchen as someone just told a joke about sharks and dolphins.

See what I mean?  Wild.

Sighing, Aiden sank deeper into the couch, crossing his arms in a stubborn way, “No, I want to watch football.”

“I don’t want to.”  I copied.

“Why not?”

“Because it’s boring.”

Aiden gawked at me as if I were from a different planet, “Excuse me?”  At that moment, the doorbell saved me, and I ran to the door, still holding the T.V. remote tightly.  I opened the door to let the guests in, greeting them politely.  Just as I was about to close the door, a hand stopped me.  Cautiously, I opened the door again, to come face to face with an extremely familiar mop of blonde hair.  

“Dustin?”  I asked,  “what are you doing here?”

“That’s no way to greet a guest.  Let us try again.”  he closed the door to my bewilderment.  This is a small world after all,  I thought wryly as I heard the doorbell ring again.  This time I opened the door less cautiously, flinging it open and accidentally hitting Aiden in the face.