Truth or Dare: Chapter 3

AN: Since I'm really indecisive and can never pick a true cover... this is dedicated to ArianaGray fr making the most amazing cover that I'm using LOL it's really really amazing :D and she's an amazing friend... sometimes ;D  jkaaayy maybe.. LOL go check her out :D not her, her books.  unless you want to check her out...

ANYWAYS VOTE!! COMMENT!! ENJOY :D

~*~*~

Why does it take a minute to say hello, and forever to say goodbye? ~Unknown

The week passed by faster than I could have imagined, and before I knew it, Friday was rolling in.  By now, nearly everyone in the freshman class, some sophomores, a few juniors, and a handful of seniors knew I was moving away.  My facebook wall was spammed with messages saying “I’m gonna miss you, why do you have to leave?” or “I really wish I got to know you better; you seem so cool.”  I mean, come on guys, it’s not like I’m dead.  I’m just moving away, from everyone I’ve known, since forever.  That isn’t dead; there is a big difference.

“Kylie!”  Elena‘s frantic voice broke into my thoughts.

“Yes?”  I replied, trying not to think how this was the very last lunch I was ever going to have at this school.  Very last… I felt the tears, once more, collect at the edge of my eye, and I bit my lips from crying.  Slowly, I took a bite out of my sandwich chewing slowly.

“He’s coming.”  Elena whispered after a moment of silence; her eyes were large and panicky.  “What do I do?  Help, come on Kylie, you know what to do.”

“Who is?”  I looked at her inquiringly after swallowing my bite.

“You-Know-Who.”

“Oh, Voldemort?”

“I’m not kidding Kylie.”  she glared at me.  “What do I do? Help!”

“I’m sorry to say, Elena, but even though I have an A in all my classes, doesn’t mean I’m an expert at dating.”  I replied, seeing Dylan, Josh, and Alyssa make their way over to where we sat, with their lunch in their hands.  Surprisingly, today they had pizza and a cookie, which was way better than the normal slop.  Maybe even the cafeteria staff knew I was leaving and decided to make something better than the norm.  “Besides, I’ve never dated anyone so why ask me?”

“Just help me,” Elena moaned twisting her hands nervously; her eyes looking desperate.

“Steal his cookie.”  I replied sarcastically.  “Then propose to him with that.”

“Will that work?”  She said, sounding extremely frantic and out of breath.  “What if he says ‘no’?  What if he doesn’t want the cookie?”

“Elena, calm down!”  

“But--”

“Hey Dylan!  Hey Josh and Alyssa.”  I greeted them, cutting Elena off, and shooting her a glare that should have screamed NOW!  It must have been quite clear because Elena nodded and made a lunge for Dylan’s cookie, scooping it up into her hands.

“Hey!  Give that--”

“Will you go out with me?”  Elena blurted out, holding Dylan’s cookie to him.

I gawked at her, my eyes practically popping out of my head.  For a moment, no one spoke.  It was hard to say whose expression looked the most shocked, Elena’s or Dylan’s.  You weren’t suppose to do that,  I thought, mentally berating Elena‘s naivety in certain situations..