Truth or Dare: Chapter 5

***Author's note: Dedicated to cma5295 for the most amazing uh school mascot EVER :D thanks (; Anyways, enjoy this chapter (:

************************************************************************************************************

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~Winston Churchill

Villa Park, a small village in the fifth biggest county in the United States, Orange County.  With three million people in the county, Villa Park contains all whooping six thousand of them.  My mom wasn’t kidding when she said small.  In fact, she might have overestimated-- it was tiny.

There are four schools in the entire area, one of which was Villa Park High School, where I’m starting at.  Villa Park High School, our school colors were red, black, anc blue.  Out mascot?  The vampires.  Motto?  Watch out for our bite.  Tell me if there is possibly a more worse scenario.

At Villa Park, there is a total of one shopping center, which has a grocery store, three banks, a pharmacy with a post office inside it, and a whole bunch of tiny little shops.  A total of three restaurants dot this little village, and the my mom’s office where she worked at was a mere four miles away.  Ironic enough as it is, despite the name Villa Park, there were absolutely no public parks in the village.

Compared to Las Vegas’ population of 490,000 people, I think it’s safe to say that Villa Park it is tiny.

“Kylie.”  A voice drifted into my daydream.  I ignored it, turning around on my bed.  I loved the smell of California.  What that smell is, I can not describe.  All I know is that it is beautiful.  And the weather.  Perfect weather. 

“Kylie!  Come downstairs this moment!”  I recognized the stern tone in my mom’s voice and automatically wondered what I did wrong.  There wasn’t much I could do wrong.  We’ve already been here for five days-- meaning tomorrow was Christmas.  I quickly ran through the things I did all day and could come up with absolutely nothing that would cause a tone like that.   Wait, maybe she found out about--

“Kylie!”  She yelled again, breaking into my thoughts.

“Coming!”  I called back, taking a final glance around my room.  It was basically the exact same, room as my one back in Vegas.  Same bed, same posters, same desks, etc.  Only difference was the wall.  This time it was painted blue with a white ceiling, something that was much more colorful than white walls with a white ceiling.

“Kylie!”  My mom warned.

“Coming!”  I ran down the stairs and into the living room to a very nice picture.  My mom standing there, hands on her hips, spatula in her hand, and an extremely stern expression on her face.  “Yes?”  I asked meekly, eyeing the spatula.

“I called you nearly four times.”  She stated.

“You did?”  I questioned, making my voice sound young and innocent.

“Yes I did.”  To my relief, she set the spatula down, and pointed to one of the seats at the kitchen table.  On the table, was a letter that looked extremely familiar.  I took a seat, and she sat across from me, a very serious expression on her face.  “Tomorrow is Christmas, and according to your brother, he wants,”  she grabbed the letter in front of her and started listing, “a Playstation 2, a Wii, a 3DS with the newest Pokemon game, a trip to Disneyland, fifty dollar gift card to any bookstore of Santa’s choice, a puppy, a kitty, a horse, a fish tank with pretty fishes in it, a Ferrari with a chauffer, and a life size Alex Pettyfer poster minus the shirt.”