31: Hunting Down the Hit-and-Run Driver

Chapter Thirty-One
Maya Hart

Suddenly, it was dark. However, I could still see. I noticed that there were a couple of streetlights, creating just enough light for me to see that Riley and Farkle were by my side. I then turned around to sea huge CVS behind us, which was also giving off a lot of light.

"It worked, Farkle!" Riley and I exclaimed in unison, turning towards Farkle. "Your teleportation time travel wrist watch worked!"

    Farkle smiled, his pride basically gleaming off of him. "Yeah, I guess it did, didn't it?" He said with a chuckle.

Farkle paused for a moment. His eyes filled up with excitement. "HEY, I CAN SEE AND HEAR YOU GUYS AGAIN!!!"

My and Riley's eyes widened. "REALLY?!?!"

"Yeah, and I'm so glad that I can! Watching words magically pop up on two computers was kind of weird. Kinda spooky at first too."

Riley and I giggled.

"Yeah, I bet it was," I agreed.

"Hmm, I wonder what caused you to be able to suddenly see and hear us again...," Riley stated.

"All I can think of is that something must have changed when we went back in time and teleported here," Farkle replied.

"Huh, I wonder if that means that we're not limbo anymore?!"

"I don't think so," I answered, "I mean if we were, wouldn't of we returned to our bodies?"

"Oh yeah... True..."

"But I honestly don't know what is causing for me to see and hear you guys again," Farkle told Riley and I, "Let's just be glad that I can! If I couldn't, then that would make things a lot harder."

"Yeah, it would," Riley and I agreed.

    "Anyways, Maya, do you remember how far away from CVS you were when you got hit?" Riley asked me.

    "Or what street you were on?" Farkle chimed in.

    "Or which streets you were near?"

    I took a minute to think. "Well, I remember I was on the corner of Marie Lane and Lilly Landing when I heard my dad call out for me. Since I was trying to get away from him at the time, I bolted. Just as I was about halfway from getting to the other side of the street, I saw something bright coming towards me at my left side. I then turned my head to see a truck, my dad's Toyota SUV. That's where that memory ends."

    "Marie Lane and Lilly Landing?" Riley asked me, cocking her head.

    "Where's that?" Farkle chimed in.

    I looked around at my surroundings for a moment. Everything was starting to become more familiar. I was starting to remember the memory better.

    I just shook my head at them. "Just follow me," I responded as I dashed off, "I know exactly where to go."

With that being said, Riley and Farkle began to run and began to follow me.