Chapter 24

Joe's P.O.V

I shut the door to my car and looked up at the building. The corners of my mouth automatically curled into a smile knowing Brook was in there. Miles no longer separated us, only a few feet. I hand't seen her in a while and she was all i could think about. Everyday i still thought and talked about her even though she hated when i talked about her to other people, but i couldn't help it.

"Get your ass in there!" i turned and looked at Tyler in the back seat with Zoe and Alfie. Zoe and Alfie nodded and Zoe held up her thumbs trying to encourage me. I nodded and turned around and jogged up to the glass door. I opened it and was greeted by a blond woman "Hello!" she said and i nodded "Hi". "Can i help you?" she said slightly more annoyed "I'm here to pick up Brooklyn Tomson". She smiled and pointed down the hall "Shes down there last door on the right" i nodded and stared walking down the hall.

I walked past some doors and some rooms were empty. Some doors were open with people alone and putting the last of their things in. And some doors had people holding others in their arms crying, i just hoped they were happy tears.

I stooped in front of the door and took a deep breath. Then I knocked harder then i thought i was going to and i anxiously tapped my foot. Then the door opened and Brook's crystal blue eyes looked up at me with a smile and she wrapped her arms around me. I held her as close as i could and kissed the top of her head. "I missed you so much" i mumbled and she laughed "I missed you too".

She moved her head so she could look up at me and we both laughed looking at each other. "See i want that!" i heard and looked to see her friends i met last time. They both waved and i did the same back "Hello ladies" i said and they laughed. I felt Brooks small hands wipe what i guess were tears off my face. I looked down and she laughed "Shut up" i said and she laughed harder.

She smiled then grabbed my shirt and pulled me down crushing my lips to hers. I missed her loving kisses so much and i didn't realize that till now. Her lips were always so soft and warm and felt like home. Then I heard "AW!" coming from behind us and i could feel myself turn red as Brook started to laugh. She pulled away and turned around and both of her friends stooped. 

"So you ready to go?" i asked and she turned back around and nodded. She turned around again and looked at her friends and all then of them made a high pitch noise running to each other. They hugged and they were whispering thing to each other and i could hear a few sniffs. "I love you guys" if my memory serves me right Abby said. "I love you too" Brook said and they all let go "You both call me so you can come over" Brook said and both girls nodded wiping tears away.

Brook hugged each of them individually then grabbed her defile bag and i took it from her hands. "Thank you" she said wiping the tears from her eyes. She turned around again and waved "Bye" she mumbled and both girls waved at her. She slung her head down and walked out of the door. "We have to go see my group leader before we go" she said and i nodded following her.

She walked over to a room and opened the door. There was a boy in a chair sitting across from a bald man. "One second Brook" the bald man said and the boys eyes were still looking at Brook. I remembered his face he was creeping Brook out last time i was here, seems nothing has changed. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back into me and she wrapped her arms around me. She looked away from him and up at me with and uneasy smile on her face.

"Everything ok?" i asked and she nodded "Now that your here, yea" she said and i lend down and pecked her lips. Then i felt a body next to mine and looked up to see the boy standing extremely close to Brook. I pulled her back a little and she squeezed me tighter "If your ever in Manchester call me" he said "I'm good" she replied and he nodded walking out of the room.