Chapter 31

A/N: Before this starts I really want to thank you all for 50,000+ reads and 800+ votes. I almost started to cry in class when I saw it! Thank you guys so much! <3

Zoe's P.O.V

I knocked on Joe's door and not a word was spoken. "I'm going with Alfie for a little I’ll be back in a while" I said and he still didn't say a word. I let out a sighed before I walked down the stairs and out the door only to find Alfie leaning on my car scrolling through his phone. I walked over and snatched the phone out of hands and he looked at me "Hey I was doing something!" he said and I slapped his arm and looked down at his phone "We are trying the help our friends not playing Doodle Jump!” He sighed nodded and I handed him back his phone "Now let’s go over to Brooks" I said and he nodded getting into the car.

I started the car and pulled out of the driveway "So how are we going to fix this?" he asked and I shrugged "I really don't know". 'Wait what are we fixing again?" Alfie asked "Brook had two pregnancy’s terminated one right before she came here and the other after she slept this asshole named Chuck but she never told Joe and so he's pissed because he feels lied to and she’s sad because she said she fucked everything up and" I stopped to catch my breath "Everything is screwed!" I said finally ended my speech.

"Wow" was all Alfie said which for the situation we were in was quite appropriate. "So what do we do?" he asked and I opened my mouth but nothing came out because like always I hadn’t planed ahead. "I have no clue. Just wing it I guess!" I said glancing over at Alfie who nodded and unlocked his phone "No Doodle Jump" I said and he locked it and put it away in his pocket.

The rest of the drive over to Brooks I was in deep thought. What was I going to say, what was I going to do, and worst of all how was Brook? I don't know what state I would find her in so like always I prepared for the worst. I always had to when it came to Brook because she at times could be extremist, in the worst way possible.

Before I was done thinking we had already pulled into the drive way of now Brook’s house. I looked Alfie who was just looking at the house "Ready?" I asked and he nodded. We both got out and walked to the door and I looked up at Alfie who knocked on the door. We heard the thud of feet and suddenly the door swung open to show Brook with a smile that faded when she saw we weren’t Joe.

"Hey" I said and she gave me a nod "Hey" she forced out. Then Alfie jumped in and hugged her tight which caught her off guard at first but she hugged him back. "How are you?" I heard him ask "I really don't know" she said as they both backed away from the hug. "Come in" she said stepping to the side. We walked in only to see the house in a clean well-kept condition. 

"So how you holding up?" I asked and she let out a sigh and leaned against the wall "I don't know" she said. I looked at her and she shrugged moving her eyes to the floor and letting out a sigh.

"It's been a month and he still hasn't come back and most of his stuff is gone. But I still get out of bed in the morning and I don't cry while the sun is out anymore. So I don't know if ok or if I’m too depressed to see It." she said and I nodded "I'm so sorry" and she shrugged again "That's life".

I looked her up and down and she seemed to be a healthy weight. "And yes I've been eating" she said and I looked up at her eyes and she let out a small laugh "Swear". She then got off the wall and walked over to me "H-how is he?" she asked and I could have lied but I didn't.

"He stays in his room most of the day and the only time he leaves is to go work and come home. All he says is hi and bye when he passes by." I said and she nodded taking in what I told her.

I watched as she looked down at her hands that played with the hem of her shirt and a tear fell down and hit her arm. "Shit I’m sorry!" she said and wiped the water off her arm then from her eyes. I could hear he breathing become shallow "It's just I...I just-" "Miss him?" I finished for her and she nodded "I know he misses you too" I added. "Then he should just come home!" she said getting frustrated. "I've tried calling him but he ignores my calls! I’ve tried texting him but he never replies! I am out of options!" she said stomped her foot at the end.

"Have you tried going to the house?" Alfie asked and she looked at him and shook her head. "Then let’s do that!" he cheered "I think the last thing he wants to do is see me" she said with pain in her voice and crossing her arms "There is only one way to find out" I said and she looked at me then the floor. She contemplated the idea in her head you could practically her thoughts. "Fine" she said giving in and I grabbed her arm and her keys and pulled her out of the house.

I threw her in the car and Alfie jumped in the back. "This is going to be fine!" I assured her "What's the worst that could happen?" Alfie added. "He tells me he's never coming back" she said and I nodded "That's pretty bad" Alfie said and I made a mental note to hit him later. "It's going to go fine" I said trying to assure her and she nodded "I hope".

Brook's P.O.V

What had to have been and thirty minute drive seemed like and hours. I was anxious, nervous, but hopeful. I had the most hope I had hand in a while. The first week Joe left I had hope that he would show up again, but he didn't. Then he started to come and get his things while I was gone shopping. He just really didn't want to see me and it crushed me to say the least.

The person he called perfect all the time he couldn't even stand to be in the same home with. I was just that horrible I guess.

"We're here" Zoe said bringing the car to a stop in the driveway. "Dad's not home so you can go in and we'll just stay out here" Zoe said and I nodded looking at the old house. I took a deep breath before I opened my door and let all the air out of my body. I got out and walked slowly up to the door and looked back at Zoe who nodded as I opened it.

I stepped in and looked around then I went up the stairs and saw his bedroom door was shut. I took a deep breath before knocked. "Joe" I choked out and I heard a shuffling noise behind the door. "Can I come in?" I asked but there was no noise on the other side. I stood there for a while before knocking again "Joe?" I said a bit louder hoping he would answer, but he didn't.

"Joe I-I get it! I fucked up, bad! And I know I’m a horrible person! I was just really hoping we could talk for once because I need you Joe and I really need to hear your voice." I said and paused for a second. "I miss you, a lot. Please say something Joe." I could feel the tears fill my eyes and I griped the door knob and tried to twist it but it was locked.

I pressed my ear hoping to hear movement, hoping to hear him say something, hoping for anything. But nothing came and all I as seconds passed I just got angry.

"You know you can be such a dick sometimes!" I said a bit louder and slammed my palm on the door. "YOU ARE SUCH A DICK!" I shouted "YOU TOLD ME YOU CARED ABOUT ME AND OU SAID YOU NEVER WANTED TO FUCKING LOSE ME! NOW YOU WON'T EVEN TALK TO ME!" I shouted feeling the tears spill over and slid down my cheeks. “I LET YOU IN THE BEST I COULD JOE! I TRIED TO KEEP YOU AWAY FROM THE START JOE BUT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO! I TOLD YOU I WOULD FUCK UP EVERYTHING! AND YOU KNOW BELIVE IT OR NOT I DID TURST YOU AND NOW I SEE THIS IS WHAT I GET IN RETURN!" I shouted as I hit on the door.

I couldn't hold back and I started to sob loudly as I felt my body give in and I tried to hold myself up but I ended up on the ground. My ear still pressed to the door even though the only thing I could hear was my own cries. “You said you loved me Joe!" I finally choked out and still he said nothing. All I could think was he was probably laughing at me on the other side of the door. "I hate you" I said then I hit the door with my fist with all my might "I HATE YOU!" I sobbed out.

"Come on Brook" I heard Alfie say behind me. "Why is he doing this?" I asked as Alfie picked me up from the ground holding me close "Why?" I said and he just hugged me tight. "I love him so much!" I sobbed holding onto Alfie for dear life knowing I just lost mine. "Let's just get you home" he said practically carrying me out of the house.

 A/N: Yea that just happened and I don't know how I feel about it.

Now I want to try something this time around because I know a lot of people read this. I want to see if I can get 30 votes by Sunday. I know it's a lot and I don't have to have them I just really want to see if I can get it. But if I do then yay if not then oh well I tried.

Anyway, as always thank you so much for reading and all the support you wonderful people give me and don't forget to...

LIKE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT! SEE YOU SOON!XX