Chapter 16

Brook's P.O.V

I wrapped the last strand of hair around the curling iron. i let it set and let out a slow sad sigh while counting to roughly count to ten. I removed my hand and let the curl fall past my shoulders. I shook my head around to loosen them up then ran my hands along the black dress i had found in the back of my closet. I took one look in the mirror and i was disgusted by what i saw. I didn't feel pretty or beautiful. I felt fat, ugly, and worst of all a i didn't feel like a liar, i was one.

I took my eyes off the mirror and sat on my bed and picked up my phone, Caspar would be here any second. I moved on and tried to call Joe, it rang twice then went to voice mail. He had looked at the phone and saw it was me ignored it, i didn't blame him.

Then my phone rang and i started to smile till i saw it was Caspar. I answered it quickly "I'll be down in a second" i said and hung it up as fast as i could. I stood up walked over the mirror again and fixed my dress. "Breath" i said out loud and took in some air and let it roll out then walked out to Caspar's car.

I opened the door and slipped in to see smiling at me "You look so" he moved close to my ear "appetizing" he purred. I shoved him back to his seat "Just drive" i said and crossed my arms. He laughed and pulled away from my flat.

The whole ride to the restaurant i would look out the corner of my eye and see him gawking at me. I turned around every time and all he did was wink like what he was doing, what we were doing was ok. When what was happening was the furthers from ok.

We pulled up to oddly enough a very nice restaurant. I got out and walked ahead of Caspar "Wait" he shouted and i stopped dead in my tracks. I could hear his feet hit the pavement till he was next to me and he wrapped his arm around my wait.

I grabbed his hand to pull him off but he squeezed me tighter to him. "Don't" he demanded in my ear and i ran my fingers though my hair trying to calm down. He walked us over to the door and he opened it letting himself in first.

I walked in and smell of food filled my now making me smile. "Now you want to eat" Caspar said and it took everything in me not to say something to him. I just forced a laugh and a smile as we walked over to the host stand.

She smiled at Caspar then gave me a not so inviting look, but little did she know she could have had him. "The name is Lee" he said and the lady drug her pen across the paper "Right this way. She grabbed two menu's and walked us to the far away corner.

Caspar sat down first then me and the lady sat his menu down then practically threw mine at me. But i still gave her a smile remembering why i was here and in a short wile it would all be over. Caspar opened his menu and started to looking thought it and i didn't open mine.

"Open it" he demanded and i laughed resting my elbows on the table. "No thanks" and he laughed "You already threw up your food for the day". I shot up from my chair and i was going to say something but i just couldn't.

I looked around to see everyone's eyes burning into my skin and i wanted to scream, kick, and even worse call Joe. But i couldn't because i was so stupid and messed it up and it brought me right back here. "I-i need to use the restroom" i said and ran off in the direction the bathroom.

I ran in and locked the door and fell to the ground. I couldn't breath or think all i wanted to do was call Joe. I pulled my phone out and dialed his number, it rang, and rang, and rang. It went to voice mail. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes, but i was going to be a big girl. I was not going cry in front of all these people. 

The silence on the phone stung my ear as i waited to say something, but nothing came out. i hung up the phone and stumbled to my feet. I had to get out of here, soon.I took a deep breath and opened the door and walked out. I looked at the front door and back at the way to the table.