Chapter 4

Brook's P.O.V

I woke up with a massive head pain. I looked around to see I was in my bedroom. I was still in my dress and my hair was knotted. I racked my brain trying to remember how I got here or what happened last night but I could only pull bits and pieces out. But most of the night was fuzzy.

I decided I needed some water and I stood from my bed. I shuffled my feet across the hardwood floors to the kitchen. I shivered when my feet hit the cold tile in my kitchen. But I continued till I got to the cabinet to get a glass. "You feel alright?"

I jumped but recognized the voice "Zoe you scared me!” She laughed "Looked like someone’s a little jumpy!' I shook my head. "Or really hung over!" she stopped laughing. "How much did you drink last night?" I walked over to the sink filling my glass "I had a sip of a drink; I don't know why I feel like this".

"Are you sure? You didn't have any other drinks?" I shook my head "Most of the night is a blur really". She walked over and I could tell by the look on her face she was concerned. "So you don't remember?" she asked and I shook my head taking a sip of water.

"You don't remember you almost going home with Ryan?" I choked on my water spitting into the sink. "NO! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" she placed her hand on my arm "You almost did. You were way out of it, you couldn't even walk. Joe kneed in him in his bits and put you in the car."

I couldn't believe it. I heard of woman being drugged and then raped, but that couldn't be it. I must have more drinks that I don't remember. "Let's just drop it" I said taking a shaky sip of water. Zoe nodded and walked out of the kitchen lying back on the sofa.

I let out a shaky breath trying to push the thought to the back of my mind. The thought of me being almost raped make my stomach turn. Gosh I'm always so naive when it comes to men, I should know by now to stop being so trusting.

Then there was a knock at the door making me jump. "I got it" Zoe said walking over and opening it. Joe walked in "Is she up? Is she ok?" he asked. Zoe looked in my direction and he looked to see me standing there. 

He walked over and grabbed one of my hands "Are you all right?” I simply nodded giving him a weak smile. "I need to go get dressed" I said jogging for my room. I shut the door tightly calming myself down a bit. 

I hoped in the shower and changed into some pj's. I walked out and saw Zoe and Joe sitting on the couch. I sat down on the space next to Joe. It was awkward because nobody was speaking. I looked over and Joe who was looking at the quiet TV.

"I have to take a tinkle" Zoe said leaving the room. I looked over and placed my hand on Joe's knee. His eyes slowly made their way to mine. "Thank you" he nodded "It's what anyone would have done". I shook my head "But they didn't, you did". He shrugged and went back to the TV.

Joe's P.O.V

She was making this bigger then it needed to be. She was wasted so I just took her out of the situation. Anybody would have done whether she thought so or not. But I also didn't think anyone would try to hurt her.

I could hear her start to laugh and I looked at her confused. "I remember when you were three and a boy at the park knocked you down. Zoe was too scared to do anything, but not me. I walked over and punch him." I shook my head and laughed "I don't remember that".

She nodded "I do. Your mom made me go back home. And my mom put me in time out. But I felt like it was worth it. I wasn't going to let anything happen to my Joey." She said poking her finger into my leg. "Well consider this as us making even" I said and she laughed.

"No Joe I saved you from dirt in your eyes. You saved me form possibly something a lot worse." I nodded "I guess your right". Then I felt her extremely soft plump lips press to my cheek and I froze in place. "Thank you Joey" then she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

 "Anytime" I choked out. She pulled back and grabbed the remote flipping through channels, like she didn't just kiss me. "You kissed me?" I asked and she laughed. "I gave you a peck on the cheek." She said as she continued to flip through channels.

I just sat there not saying another word. She settled on some girl show I wasn't in the least bit interested in. And I couldn't get the fact she kissed me out of my head. I don't know why but it made me feel...good. It was weird but I liked this feeling.

"Move!" Zoe said plopping in between us. I rolled my eyes and just looked at the TV. "Joe I saw you and that leggy blond last night" Zoe said nudging me in my side. "Yea she was fit, till she kissed me and she tasted like an ash tray." "Ewwww" both girls said in unison.

Then Brooks phone started to ring "One sec" she said taking and running into the bedroom. "I saw her kiss your cheek" Zoe said with a smile. "Yea and?" I said trying to play it cool. "You've got a crush on Brooker" she said pocking her index finger on my cheek.

"No I don't!" I said swatting her hand away. "You blushed when she kissed you, you like her" she said starting to make kissing noises. "ZOE STOP!" I shouted and she shut up. Then Brook walked in and she had happiness practically shining from her eyes.

"I got a job!" she said clapping and doing a little dance. "Good for you!" I said "YAY!" Zoe shouted. "Yep I start tomorrow morning at the gym down the street!" god she had to be fit to work at a gym. "I get to work out for free now!" she laughed sitting on the couch.

"Let's celebrate!" Zoe said "No I'm not going clubbing again!" Brook said worried. "No. It's a nice day outside; let's just go to the park today!" Zoe said and Brook and I agreed. "Go get dressed and we'll go to my place so Joe and I can change" Zoe said and Brook ran into her room.

"You wish you could be in there?" Zoe said in my ear. "ZOE!" I shouted even though I was thinking about it a little. I tried to hit her in the arm but she got up and ran away, and I didn't feel like chasing her. "I hate you” I sang out "Hate you too" she said and we both laughed.