Chapter 5

Brook's P.O.V

Zoe and I sat in soft grass at the park as the blazing sun warmed the air and our skin. The wind blew just right making my hair fly behind me and sending Goosebumps up my arm. The park smelled of fresh cut grass and bug spray. And the air was filled with the sound of children's laughter and mothers scolding their kids.

The ride to the park was long because we had to pick up Joe's friends Ed and Henry. They seemed nice but I really didn't talk to them. On the car ride over I sat in the front with Zoe, all the boys were in the back. They were a little put off by my singing along to the radio.

But where we got there of course that didn't matter. Because the boys took their shirts off and threw them in the car. Taking the football with them and running around like idiots. Zoe and I watched as the boys kicked the ball around and attempted to little competitions.

"They can be so stupid" Zoe said eating something I didn't recognize. I watched as they did yet another handstand contest, Joe won again. But this time his body was turned my way and I got to admire his body from afar.

His body was just as nice as I thought it was just from feeling his back the other day. From where I was looking everything looked, well perfect. From his nice chest, then abs, lastly the V lines that disappeared somewhere into his shorts.

"Brook?" I snapped out of my thoughts looking at Zoe. "I said look ice cream!" I nodded and we stood and walked over. "Do you think the boys want some?" I asked and she nodded. "Five vanillas!" she chirped "Wait four vanillas and one chocolate" she looked confused.

"Joe likes chocolate" I said like it was obvious. She nodded and the man handed us the cones. We ran trying to get back before they melt while trying not to drop one. We made it but right as we stopped I dropped my cone.

"Shit!" I cursed quietly so no kids around would hear me. I let out a sigh "Here Joe" I said handing him the cone. "Chocolate my fave! Thanks Brooker!" I nodded "NO FAIR I WANT CHOCOLATE!" Henry said licking his vanilla.

 "At lest you got one!" I said kicking my cone. "Brook he-" I shook my head "Joe that's yours, keep it" I said walking away. Then I felt a hand grab my arm and turn me around. I looked a Joe confused as he smiled, then shoved the ice cream in my face.

"OH THAT'S IT" I shouted starting to chase him. We started laughing as I was chasing him around in a big open filed. I finally got close enough and I pushed him. He hit the ground and I started to laugh as did Zoe and the other boys.

He stood up and he was laughing, then I saw his lip was bleeding. He saw the shook on my face and touched his lip to see the blood stain his fingers. "Aw I'm sorry Joe!" I said letting out a sigh. "It's alright" he laughed making me feel better.

He waddled over like a duck making me laugh, till he picked me up. I wasn't expecting it so when he did I freaked out and he fell. We both hit the ground and started to laugh. "Come on you goof balls!" Zoe yelled and I stood and took off leaving Joe behind. I got to Zoe first then Joe a few seconds later.

The park was a little darker than normal. I looked up to see dark clouds crowding the sky ready to burst at any moment. "Time to go!" Zoe sang and running to the car with Ed and Henry. I walked behind not really worried till the first warm drop hit the tip of my nose.

"What are you going to do shorty" I heard behind me. I looked to see Joe and two other gentlemen. "Back off!" Joe said causing the other men to laugh. "Please! I’ll squash you!" one of the smaller men laughed. I jogged over to them and stood behind Joe.

"Oh look! She's come it rescue you!" Joe turned around and he didn't look pleased "Go to the car Brook". I definitely shook my head and stood next to Joe. "And how are you today sexy?" the lager one said reaching for my hair and I knocked his hand away.

"Oi! Feisty!" I rolled my eyes "Fuck you!" I sharply stated and grabbed Joe's hand trying to pull him away. "Ah she too round anyway" I heard the larger one say. I squeezed Joe's hand and tired pulling him harder, he wouldn't move. I turned around and pushed him "JOE COME ON!" I shouted.

"Aw look she's upset" one said and I wanted to punch him so bad. Joe turned and his face softened "Brook?” "I SAID LET'S GO!" I choked out and I pulled and he finally complied walking along. "Brook you're n-" I cut him off "Save it Joe" I let go of his hand and walked to the car.

"Brook are you ok?" Zoe asked when I got into the car. I nodded "I'm fine" I turned my focus out the side window. Then Joe got in the car and everyone was quiet. "What happened out there?" Ed asked "Nothing" Joe said and I mentally thanked him.

The ride to drop the boys off was nothing short of awkward. Nobody said a word, even the radio was off. The only sound was the rain that was coming down like bullets. But we dropped Ed and Henry off and we drove to Joe and Zoe's house.

Joe's P.O.V

As soon as we got to our house Brook jumped out the car into the rain. And jogged up to the door and to her luck the door was open and she zipped in. I felt so bad that those ass holes would say that. Brook was beautiful and in no way fat. But I knew she thought different, epically now.

I ran in behind Zoe who was covering her head from the rain. We both looked around for a moment for Brook, but nothing. That was until we moved up stairs to the bathroom that was locked. "Babe come out?" Zoe yelled with no answer.

"Well just let me know when you’re ready to go home!" she called out tapping the door. She looked at me and shrugged walking to her room. I stood there for a little but then went to my room. I went on twitter for a while just to occupy my mind for a while.

It was about an hour later and the rain stopped. Walked over to the window and looked out at the now bright garden. The flowers were vibrant shades of yellow, purple, and pink. The grass was crayon green, it was just great. I felt something grab my forearm and I quickly turned.

"Oh my god brook you scared me!" I said and we both laughed, her laugh was like music to my ears. "Sorry! I just wanted to say thank you for not telling everyone." I nodded "It's no big deal" I said shrugging it off.

We both looked down at her hand on my arm. She grazed her thumb across one of the veins that stood out. It gave me a chance to look at her face. Her blue eyes were still visible but not as blue as normal were glued to my arm.

And her perfect bottom lip was taken by her teeth. Her hair cascaded over one of her shoulders. Her cheeks were a light shade of red, she must have been crying. A smile crept on her lips and she released my arm looking up at me.

"I hope you know you’re beautiful" I said and she smiled faded. "Thank you Joe" she simply said and I could tell she didn't believe me. But I let it go not wanting her to be upset any more that what she was. "What were you guys even getting railed up about?" she asked with a cute puzzled face.

"They were talking about my height" I said breaking eyes contact. "Joe you're perfect" she said making me feel a little better. "Thank you Bro-" I was cut off by a peck on the cheek. She quickly pulled back and her face was a deep shade scarlet.

"Thanks again" she said before slowly leaving the room. I stood in shock for a moment till I could think again. I had to admit to myself there was something about Brook now, I couldn't deny that. She was funny, smart, and not to mention breathtakingly gorgeous.

I don't know what this feeling was, it was foreign to me. We have been worlds apart for a while and now something or was pulling us together. But I'm not sure how close this wants us to get. And to be honest at this point I was ok with getting closer to Brook, a lot closer.