Chapter 21

There was the normal knock at the door signaling it was time to get and get ready for group. I have been stuck in this place for a whole week now. I've learned this place has it highs and lows but the lows were very low. A high was Abby and Tammy were actually really cool and Eric and Mike were ok, I didn't speak to the boys much. Another high was i think i'm actually getting better believe it or not. I just keep thinking if i just get better i'll get to see Joe and that helps me a lot.

Now a low would be i don't get to talk to Joe. I missed him so much it was unreal how much i just wanted to be in his arms. At this point i would give anything to hear his voice. Another low was Lucas. He was your grade A creeper in my opinion. He would just look at me blankly during group or when i was eating and it freaked me out.

"Oh my god will you wake up!" Abby shouted and i groaned "It's visitor day!" she cheered. I sat up and ran my fingers though my hair. Visitor day was one day our friends and family could come and see the start of our process. I got to call Joe two days ago and he said he couldn't make it because of work. I was a little upset but there was nothing he could do about it, and Alfie and Zoe would come so i guess that was fine.

I stood up and walked out and down the hall to the bathroom to change. I just put my hair in a bun and threw on some comfortable cloths, i wasn't trying to impress anyone. I walked out and into the room to see Tammy and Abby sitting on Abby's bed talking. The room fell silent and i started to my rearrange my suit case.

"Are we going to meet Joe?" Tammy asked and i sighed "He has to work, but his sister and friend are coming" and they nodded. "I'm sure he really wanted to" Abby said and i nodded "I know" i sighed. I got up and walked to the door "Let's get this over with" i mumbled and the other girls followed me out the door. We walked down the halls to the lobby where family members of other people were standing.

"STOP IT ALFIE" i heard Zoe's voice yell then i heard Alfie's cackle. I looked in the directionand was happy to see Alfie pushing Zoe and Zoe fighting back. I jogged over and wrapped Zoe in a hug "Oh i missed you!" she said squeezing me "I missed you too". Then i felt arms wrapped around me "Don't forget me" Alfie laughed and i turned around a bit so i could hug them both.

"He's so tall" i heard Abby say and i laughed letting go of my friends. "Alfie and Zoe this is Tammy and Abby" Abby looked in amazement at Alfie and he laughed looking at Abby. Abby clinched her fist "Alfie she can knock you out" i warned and he laughed even harder and i watched as she kicked him in the shin making us laugh and him almost cry.

"Let's go sit" i said and we all walked over (Alfie limped)  to an area with enough seats for all of us. "So when are their families coming?" Zoe asked and both the girls looked down. "Um their not" Tammy said and Abby nodded and we all were silent for a moment. Both the girls had no one who would come, their friends and family only wanted to see them when they could bring the money they owed them.

It was extremely sad but it made me appreciate my friends way more and show me how lucky i was. "So how is the world without me for a week?" i asked trying to make conversation and Alfie laughed "AMAZING!" and Zoe shoved him. "It's really boring" Zoe said and i smiled. "But i'm surprised better you look in just a week!" I nodded "Thank you! I really am trying" i added and Zoe smiled.

"But really you are all Joe talks about!" Alfie said and i somberly smiled and nodded. I heard Zoe hit him "It's ok Zoe" i added and she sighed "I just want Broe back" and i laughed. "Only two weeks" i said and she sighed even louder. "Broe?" Tammy asked and i nodded "Apparently my friends want me to be with Joe so much they gave us a couple name" and Tammy and Abby nodded even though i knew they didn't understand.

Then out of the blue i felt cold hands over my eyes. "What the hell?" i almost shouted and i heard the sound of Lucas laughing. I grabbed his wrist and prided his hands off me and looked up at him "What's wrong with you" i asked and he laughed harder. "Get away!" Abby said and he looked at her coldly before walking away. "Who is that?" Alfie asked staring him down "A creep" Abby added. "He probably thinks Alfie is your boyfriend" Tammy added and both Alfie and i looked at each other "Ewww" we said in unison. Everyone else laughed while Alfie and i pretended to throw up.