Chapter 1

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I was standing outside waiting for Zoe to pick me from my train. It was actually a beautiful day in London for once. I haven't been back in London in about two years; I've missed home so much. I sat on a bench and waited for Zoe letting my sense's take over. I loved the way the wind blew my hair back but also blowing the smell of fresh homemade apple pie around from the bakery across the way, I could practically taste it. And the warm sun baking my skin warming me from my head to my sandal exposed toes. I waited for about ten minutes and I was starting to worry. Then a small car pulled up to the curb, it just sat there for a while. I was a little freighted, and then they rolled down the window "How much?”

 I froze in place felt fear creep over my body. But slowly approached the car I looked into the car to see my ombre haired friend looking over her sunglasses with bright green eyes and a smile. "ZOE!" I shouted as she got out of the car hugging me. "I've missed you so much Brook!" I squeezed her tight "I Missed you too Zoe!”

 We reluctantly let go and she helped me carry my things and put them in the boot. We both got in the car and turned the radio up "We're stopping at my place, my mum wants to see you." she yelled over the radio. She started the car and we started singing One Direction, Zoe doing Harry's solos of course. We pulled up to her house and we both got out. I looked as the house I spent some of my best days at. It hadn't changed a bit. We walked up the graveled path to the door but Zoe ran ahead "Shoot I forgot my key" she said rather loudly knocking on the door.

 The door opened and a large shadow zipped away. It was pitch back inside the house as I took the first step in and was blinded by a light being flicked on "SURPRISE!" I heard many voices say. My eyes adjusted and I could finally see my friends I met though Zoe. There was Alfie, Marcus, Caspar, Jim, Tayna, Jack, Finn, and little Joey. I walked around and hugged everyone telling them how much I missed them and they missed me, even though Caspar's hand got a little too close to my bum.

 I finally walked over to Joe "Joey!" I squealed and hugged him tight. I hadn't seen Joe in about three years due to him always being gone when I was in town. He had changed since the last time I saw him. He got a haircut, was much stronger, and smelled of musky scent rather the sweat like I remember. "Hey Brook!" he said in monotone. "Joey?" I heard Marcus say while laughing I let go of Joe and looked him "When I was about six I think I came up with name Joey.” Everyone nodded while laughing a bit and I looked at Joe who was beat red. "Sorry Joe!" I said smiling and I watched as he smiled too "It’s ok".

 The rest of the party was amazing! Everyone seemed to miss me and want to talk to me. I was just moving from person to person, joke to joke. Some people’s jokes fell flat but I missed them so much I laughed anyway. But the one person I wanted to talk and missed the most wouldn't talk. Joe just stood awkwardly the whole time laughing and smiling. I just wished we could talk about old times but everyone wanted my attention at the moment. I made a metal note to spend a whole day with just Joe and me. He was like my little brother and I missed him so much and couldn’t wait talk to him.

 I looked down at my watch to see it was getting late and I still had to unpack. "I guess I should go unpack now!" I said happily but not wanting to leave. I walked around and hugged everyone again laughing as well. Then I walked over and ran my fingers though my Joe's hair messing up his new but better looking hair. "Bye Joey" I whispered in his ear so nobody else could hear me. I hugged him and I could feel his back muscles tense a bit. His back was well defined, I should ask him to go to the gym with me.

 "Bye Brooker" he said a bit shaky causing me to smile a little. I hadn't heard that name in a long time. I got the nick name because Joe witnessed me pick my nose when I was little. He and Zoe called me Brooker for most of our friendships. Zoe stopped calling me it on the condition I stop calling her Zoho. It had no meaning, I just found it hysterical. I laughed it off and walked to the door.

 I walked towards the door and was met by Caspar. "Hey Brook" he said looking down at me scaring me a bit due to his height. I looked up and smiled which he repaid calming me down a bit "What do you say me and you get dinner sometime?” Was Caspar really asking me out “Like a date??” I said trying to clarify my suspension. "You said it not me!" he said winking at me trying to flirt. "Um I’ll let you know!" I said politely shoving past him going towards the car.

 I got in and waited for Zoe who was talking to Caspar. She then walked over to the car with laughter already spewing from her mouth. She got in and started to cackle "Did you reject Caspar?" she said between giggles. I smiled and nodded casing her to laugh even harder "Let's just go unpack my junk!" laughed out as she started the car.

 Joe's P.O.V

 I was finishing blowing up the last balloon for Brook's surprise party. I walked over to help Caspar tape the balloons to the wall. "Brook will be here any second!" Alfie called out "Can’t wait!" Caspar said wiggling his eyebrows. "Oi! You fancy Brook?" I asked elbowing him in his arm "How can you not? She's so fit." he said finishing up the balloons. "Nah that's gross! Brook is like my sister!" I said laughing and shoving him a bit "That's one hot sister" Caspar said walking away.

 I could never see Brook that way. I saw Brook as the girl who threw my superman action figure out the window, fooling me into thinking he could fly. He hit the ground and snapped in half. So I threw her doll in the rubbish bin, only fair. Or the time when I walked in on her was picking her nose. That is when I started calling her Brooker. "EVERYBODY LINE UP!" Jim shouted causing everyone to scatter into a line, I was at the end.

 "Shoot I forgot my key" Zoe said loudly knocking on the door. Jim walked over shut off the lights and opened the door running back in line. Tanya flipped the lights back on "SURPRISE!" we all shouted. I watched as Brook closed her eyes adjusting to the light, then she finally opened them. She looked different from when I saw about three years ago.

 She lost some weight, her hair was longer, and I swore her eyes got bluer. She walked in the line hugging people telling them how much she missed them. I watched as she hugged Caspar and his hand got dangerously close to her bum, cheeky bastard. But all too soon she made it to me "Joey!" she squealed hugging me.

 Zoe didn't even call me that when people were around. While she hugged me I was hit by her scent, she smelled like freshly picked strawberry's. "Hey Brook" I said obviously annoyed "Joey?" I heard Marcus say while laughing. She let go of me and looked back "When I was about six I think I came up with name Joey.” Everyone started to laugh and she looked back at me smiling "Sorry Joe". For some reason I looked at her smile and I felt alright "It's ok" I said mindless smiling as well.

 The rest of the party went great. Brook was the center of attention, which was understandable. She just stood there with people standing around her asking questions and making jokes. It was strange I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Her laugh made me laugh even if the joke was shit. The way she smiled sent goose bumps up my body. She had changed so much, I just needed time to get used it.

 "I guess I should go unpack now!" She chirped hugging everyone. She walked over and ran her finger though my hair messing it up. I felt a little tingle where ever her hands touched "Bye Joey" she whispered in my ear so nobody else could hear. She hugged me and I could feel her hands roam my back causing the hairs on my neck to stand up. "Bye Brooker" I said as she let go and walked away smiling. I don't think she was gross Brooker anymore.