Chapter 23

There was morning wake up call of the knock at the door. I opened my eyes to see the bright sun shining into the room. Usually  Abby and Tammy would already be up and waiting for me, but they were sleep. I stood up walked over "Hey um T-" "Hicks is sick to day" Tammy said and rolled over so her back was facing me. "Well um do you w-" "NO!" both girls said at the same time.

They were mad and i have to admit they had every right to be mad. I acted like an ass yesterday but they were doubting me, and i hated that. Everyone always doubted me and i guess i got fed up last night. Especially because i love Joe and nobody can change that, not even Lucas. He's just some guys who i know, nothing more.

I grabbed a few of my things to changed and walked out of the room. I walked down the hall to the toilets and i heard "BROOK!". I turned to see Lucas jogging down the hall and stopped right in front of me "Um hey Lucas" i mumbled and he laughed. "Um do you want to chill with the boys and i today?" he asked and i opened my mouth to say no but it didn't come out.

I actually thought about for a while. If i didn't i would be alone all day in my bed in a room with two people who hate my guts. Or i could be with three people don't hate my guts, there really was no choice. "Um yea" i said and he smiled and for some reason i did too. "Alright we'll be in the lobby" i nodded and he awkwardly nodded then walked off towards the lobby.

I laughed to myself for a moment then walked into the bathroom. I changed and did my hair and looked in the mirror. I wasn't sure what i was looking at to be honest. I wasn't happy with the way i looked but i wasn't grossed out either. I just looked and felt, ok. I guess that was good place to be rather than hating myself all the time.

I nodded and walked out and down to the lobby. I grabbed an apple off the blow of fruit as you walked into the lobby. I looked over to the corner to see the boys talking then Lucas looked up and all the other boys did the same. I gave them a small wave and walked over sitting in the singe seat off to the side "Hello!" i said and they nodded.

"How are ya Brook?" Mike asked and i swallowed the apple in my mouth "Just lovely! How about you?" i asked and he sighed "Good i guess". He nodded and went back to talking to Eric so i looked at Lucas and he smiled. "So.." i said trying to break the silence and i could see on his face he was trying to do the same. "Where are you from?" he asked and i smiled "Well i was born in London but moved to Manchester when i was eight.".

His jaw dropped "I'm from Manchester!" he said an i nodded "Cool!". "Yea that's where my girlfriend is" and then question started in my mind. He was here for a sex addiction and had a girlfriend, they didn't go together. "Um Brook?" he said and i looked at him "Your tongue is handing out". I quickly put it back in "Sorry when i think it just...happens" he laughed and i did too.

"You guys are boring!" Mike said rolling his eyes and getting up walking away. Eric followed and i was left alone with Lucas. "So do you still live in Manchester?" he asked and i shook my head "I live in London with my boyfriend now" and he nodded. "Why did you move?" he asked "Well before Joe and i were a couple we were friends and i was also friends with his sister, and some family stuff was going on. So i moved out there with them." he nodded.

"What kinda family stuff?" my eyes went straight for the floor "You don't have to tell me" he said. I looked up and nodded "Thank you" and he smiled. "So.." He said and i looked around for a while trying to avoid the awkwardness but failing. "Alright i'm tired of this" he said and stood up then reached out for my hand.

"What are you doing?" i asked and he smiled "Come on" he said. I shook my head where are we going?" i asked and he laughed "Just...trust me". I froze for a second and didn't move at all and the smile on his face faded. "It'll be fun" he said and i shook my head "I'm fine!" i said too quickly. He grabbed my hand and yanked me up from my seat with so much force my body slammed into his. He wrapped his arm around me so i didn't fall.

"Um thanks" i said and looked up to see his brown eyes burning into my skin. "Anytime" he said with no expression but his eyes never let my face. "You are so beautiful" he mumbled and i guess he hoped i didn't hear him. Because as soon as it left his lips his eyes shot up to mine and he let go of me. "I'm so sorry" he said and i laughed "Don't worry, i'm flattered" i replied and he nervelessly smiled and nodded.

"Where are you suppose to be taking me?" i asked and he shook his head a little "Right!" he cheered. He cupped my hand and pulled me along down a few halls i'd never seen before and finally out a back door. i had never been out here before. It looked as if it used to be apart of the center but that just gave up trying to maintain it. There were tables with bird poo on them and orange rusted chairs. And some of the floral decorations were either dead or over grown.

"What is this?" i asked looking at him but his focus was on the area. "My first time here this place was open. I came here to escape a lot of the time from a lot of things." he explained. "What kind of things? If you don't mind me asking?" he let out a small chuckle "One thing you should know, i'm an open book.". I nodded and he pulled our still joined hands over towards a table. 

"I didn't have much of a home has a child to be honest. My mother worked and my dad was never home. I lived in a cheep apartment in Manchester till i was seventeen then i moved out. I was homeless for a couple years then i met my girlfriend." i let out a small sound and looked up at him. "I'm just gonna ask it! How do you have a sex addiction and still have a girlfriend?" and he laughed "You cheat" and i started to become aware of why i was here.

I suddenly remembered our hands were still together and i quickly pulled mine away. "Don't you love your girlfriend?" i asked and he nodded "I love her with all my heart!". "Then how do you cheat on her?" i asked and he had a very serious face on "Sometimes people can't give you everything you need, so you find someone who can give you that missing piece." he said and my eyes moved to the floor. "Well thanks but i need to go" i said and headed for the door "Brook!" he said and i stopped in my tracks.

"You know we have to leave soon, right?" he asked and i turned around "So what?". He walked towards me and looked down at me "We could make the best of it" he said his voice low. I closed my eyes and laughed. "I'm stupid" i said and his finger touched my chin and i smacked it away. "You seemed so nice but you're a PIG!" i said and turned around.

"Brook i-" i cut him off "Don't talk to me" i said and walked to the door and walked into the building. I walked aimlessly down the halls i had never seen before till i stumbled across my room. I walked in to see the two girls sitting on their beds facing each other and it looked as if before i walked in they were in deep conversation. "I'm sorry" i blurted out catching both girls by surprise. "What?" Tammy asked and i jogged over and sat on her bed.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you both and being an asshole" i said and she nodded "You're forgiven". I looked confused "Wait it's that easy?" i asked and Tammy laughed. "I know about making mistakes, i'm here aren't i?" and i nodded "And i know how it feels to be sorry, so you're forgiving" she added and i smiled. I wrapped my arms around her "Thank you!" i mumbled then let go.

Then i hopped over to Abby's bed "I'm sorry! You were right he's a creep and i shouldn't talk to him!" and she nodded "It's my fault i was jealous" she said and i was confused. "Lucas and I had a thing a while back" she said her eyes going to the floor "Why didn't you tell me? I would have stayed away!" i said and she sighed "Because he hurt me. He made me think he carded about me when he didn't. And i didn't want anyone to know but we are friends so i can trust you, right?" she asked and i nodded "You can trust me".

She smiled and i wrapped my arms around her holding her close. "Alright enough of the mushy shit!" Tammy said and we all laughed. "I've been in here all day and i'm hungry so lets grab lunch" she said and i nodded "Yea lets go!". We all stood up and walked out of the room and i looked down the other side of the hall to see Lucas. I couldn't believe i was going to open up to him, i was so stupid. I just shook my head and turned around following the girls. 

A/N: So i have school starting so i will be updating only on weekends now! I know it's a long time but it has to be done!

So Vote & Comment and i'll see you in a week!x