Chapter 30

Brook's P.O.V

I sat there on the bed my body shaking and tears running down my face. My hand was tangled in my hair and there were moments were I would pull with all my might hoping to move the pain from my chest somewhere else. But other than the sharp pain in my chest my body was numb.

Because the only thing I didn't want Joe to know was coming to light right down the hall from me. 

And I couldn't fucking take it.

He would always look at me different.

He would look at me and see a monster and I don't think I could take that...

Then the door slowly opened and I quickly turned my head to see Joe standing in the doorway. I turned back around and looked at the wall ahead of me. I heard his footsteps as he got closer and closer to me till finally I could see him in my peripheral vision.

I could feel him looking at me. The disappointment that left his eyes set fire to my skin and the sigh he let out caused my stomach to drop. It took all I had to sand on two feet and turn to face him.

Then I finally looked up.

He had no emotion on his face. No sadness, anger, disappointment, or even disgust. He just stood there looking at me.

"Joe?" I choked out my voice hoarse from all the crying. "Why didn't you tell me?" he finally said looking me up and down like I was indeed, a monster. "You have to understand I couldn’t just tell you!" I said and he huffed at my response and moved his hands to his neck forcing his eyes to move to the floor.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you would react like this Joe!" I said and his head snapped up and he peered his eyes at me. "We weren’t even together anyway Joe!" I said getting frustrated now due to me only doing the talking. But like I always I was the one who fucked up, and this time before there was something to fuck up.

"Joe the last guy I "dated", h-he used me. And I couldn't raise a child on my own Joe! I had to do what was best for me!" I said feeling the tears fill my eyes again and he moved his eyes back to the floor.

Then I heard him mumble something I couldn't hear "Joe please speak up". "What about the second one!" he said raising his voice so loud making me jump back a little. "T-the pill I bought after what happened with Chuck didn't work so I took care of it!" I said and I could feel myself become weaker making hard to stand.

"Did you do it while you were with me?" he asked and I shook my head "No I had the abortion before we got together, I swear!" I said practically pleading at this point. He didn't say anything. He just continued to stand there looking at the ground. And I stood across from him waiting for him to say something, anything.

I finally got up the courage and started to speak "Joe I-" "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" he said cutting me off. He looked up at me his eyes locked on me and the look on his face made me feel horrible. "Because you’re doing what I thought you would do! You’re looking at me like I’m some sort of monster!" I said and huffed again "No I'm not! I'm just...frustrated!" he said moving his hands down to his pockets. "When are you going to start being honest and trusting me Brook?" he asked "You never asked about it!" was my only defense. 

I watched him close his eyes and turn around. He walked over to the closet and started pulling things out, his things. I watched as he put his things into a bag and I just stood there speechless. "Joe what are you doing?" I asked fearing the answer "I just think I need some time away" he said and pulled the bag over his shoulder. He looked back at me before walking towards the door.

"Joe wait!" I shouted as he started to walk out of the room. "I can't keep waiting Brook" he said and I could feel my senses going numb "Joe, what do you mean?" I asked and he looked into my eyes. His eyes were that green dull, empty, loveless color that I feared the most.

He opened his mouth "You k-" "I don't know what you mean and you don't have to do this!" I said and the tears started falling again and my mind was going a million miles a minute. I reached out and grabbed his arm "Don't" I whispered and he yanked his arm from my grip almost knocking me to the ground "I can't keep waiting". "JOE!" I shouted and he acted as if he couldn’t hear me "JOE" I sobbed out, but he said nothing. 

He walked out of the room leaving me standing in the middle of the room there crying.

"Please don't go" I said barley above a whisper "I love you".

A/N: Sorry it's kind of short! Also I will be posting sometime in a few days due to fall break! YAY! 

And as always thank you so so much for reading and all the support you guys give me and don't forget to...

LIKE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT! SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS! XX