Chapter 36

Um iI hit 100,000 reads and I cried, hard. I really want to say thank you all so much for that! Now onto the story!

I sat on the bed and slipped on my warm fuzzy socks, and then I heard the front door shut "BROOK ARE YOU READY?" I heard Joe ask "YEA JUST A SECOND". I stood up and shoved my boots on my feet before running out the door and down the stairs. "Ready now?” Joe said while already holding my coat up for me. I slipped my arms though sleeves of the warm wool and buttoned it up "I wouldn't be running late if you didn't keep me up all night" I said and a blush found its way onto my cheeks. I heard Joe laugh as he pressed a kiss to my cheek "Well I can't help myself, but I can help from being late!" he said and I nodded "Fine I’m ready”.

It was a few days after Christmas and we were heading over to Zoe's place, where Alfie, Louise, Matt, and Darcy would be too. And I wasn't as excited as I should have been. Zoe and I hadn't even talked since I blew up on her and me even though I was still pissed, I missed my best friend. And I wanted to forgive her, I really did. But I just couldn't bring myself to pick up a phone and even send a text.

"Brook?" I heard Joe say and I looked up to see him holding the door open "You coming?” I nodded "Yea sorry just thinking" I said walking out the door and into the cold. I jogged over to the car and jumped in then Joe got in and started the car. He turned the heat on full blast and held his hands up to the vents. "You remember the gifts?" I asked "In the back" he said and I nodded "Then let's go". 

~

The drive was long but the whole time Joe and I shot jokes back and forth. We also talked and played stupid road trip games, like the license plate game. Which I’d like to add we played for about an hour until Joe got fussy because he was losing.

"I got the sack" Joe said and I let out a sigh "Let's do this then". I got out of the car and walked up to the door and Joe jogged up next to me with the sack full of gifts over his shoulder. Then the door swung open and there stood Zoe with a half-smile on her face. "Hi" I said and she nodded "Hi" and then, we just stood there for a while. I avoided eye contact and I’m assuming she did too.

"Look its cold out here, I’m going in" Joe said shoving past me and Zoe making us laugh a little. "He's so stupid" Zoe said look at me "Yea" I said accidently cutting the conversation short. The it was quite again but I could feel the cold start to nip at my skin. "Can we talk, inside?" I asked and she nodded moving to the side and I walked in.

She shut the door behind me "Look I’m sorry Zoe" I blurted out and she nodded "No I’m sorry". And I shrugged "Let's just both be sorry because I miss you, a lot" I said and she nodded and laughed” Good because I miss you too". She opened her arms and practice leaped into them hugging her as tight as I could. "I really am sorry I told him anything about you and Joe" she said "I-t's ok. I'm sorry I blew up on you!" I said as we pulled away from the hug "it's alright".

I looked at her and her eyes were watery "ZOE" I squealed. She laughed and wiped her eyes "Sorry I just really missed you" she said and had to hug her again. "I love ya Zoho" I said and she hugged me tight "I love you took Brooker". We stood like that for a few peaceful seconds before three children came creeping around the corner.

"So.." Alfie said and we pulled away from our hug "Is everything alright?" Joe asked with Darcy in his arms. "Yes" I said "OH YEA" Alfie shouted too loud causing Darcy to cry. "Alfie!" Zoe said walking over and slapping his arm making me chuckle a bit, till I heard Darcy start whaling. "Shhh" Joe said bouncing her up and down and rubbing her back.

"What happened?" Louise said running in in a panic "Alfie was being a doofus" Zoe said starring up at him. Louise put her hand over her heart and had a few deep breaths "I thought something happened" she said with a smile. Then it took me a second to realize Darcy wasn't crying anymore and I looked over at Joe. He had her pressed against himself and her head was rested on his shoulder, it looked so natural.

It made me think about how one day, Joe I would have a kid or kids. The thought actually made me smile now has I looked at him with Darcy. It was a thought that was far in the future, but I wouldn't mind seeing Joe in a tutu playing tea party with a little girl. Or teaching his song to play football out in the garden.

"How cute! Let me get my phone!" Louise said shattering my thoughts "I got it!" Matt called from the other room. I looked over to see both Zoe and Alfie looking at me and I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Got it" Louise said jogging back in with Matt and holding up her phone to take the shot of the two cuties. "Aw it's precious" she said looking down at her phone as Joe passed Darcy over to her father.

He walked back over to me and wrapped his arms around me and pressed a kiss to my temple. "You and Darcy were cute" I whispered and he quickly pressed his lips to mine "Well I can't wait to have kids in a few years" he said looking down at me and I nodded "Me too". "Get a room!" Louise said making us laugh "we weren’t doing anything!" I said and she wiggled her eyebrows "Not yet". I shot her a look and everyone including Joe laughed.

~

The sun was starting to set and we were all sitting in the living room. Since we couldn't spend Christmas together we decided to have it later and Joe and I had just given our presents. Darcy was playing with Barbie I got her, Louise and Matt were flipping through the books I got them, Alfie was already eating though the chocolate I got him, Zoe was messing with some expensive makeup I bought her, and daddy sugg was playing with the tablet Joe got him.

I sat on the floor with Joe watching all our friends play with their new toys and smiled. "I think they like them" I whispered "I do too" he whispered back. He kissed my cheek before going back to watching everyone play with their gifts. Everyone was so happy and it made me happy knowing everything was falling into place for me, finally

"Joe?" Louise said and we both looked her way "What did you get Brook for Christmas?" and I waved her off "Nothing. I told him I didn't want anything." Louise smiled looking at me and so did everyone else "What?" I asked and then they all looked at Joe. I looked at him and he was smiling ear to ear and I was a little confused, because they obviously knew something I didn't.

"Brook" Joe started "I love you, yea?" he asked and I nodded "I hope so" I said making me laugh. "Alright, you love me?" and I nodded "Yes. Now Joe what are you gett-"

"Marry me" he cut in.

I could feel the goosbumps roll all over my body and the tears instantly turn on. "Joe are you sure you want to marry me?" I asked and he looked confused "There is nobody I’d rather dedicate the rest of my life to". My heart felt like it was in my ass and my mind went fuzzy, so I nodded, yes. He smiled and started nodding too while leaning in till our lips touched.

"AWWW" and my sobs were the only sounds filling the room. I pulled away from the kiss and pounced on Joe for a hug, knocking him to the ground. "What if you change mind?" I asked again and he shrugged "Just trust that I love you enough that I won’t" he said before pressing his lips to mine again.

"EW" we heard from across the room and we looked to see Darcy with a scrunched up face. "Don't listen to her" Louise hurriedly said and I looked to see she was crying just as much as I was. "Sorry it's just, it's so sweet" "I know" Zoe added a few tears flowing form her eyes as well. "Stop crying!" I said and they laughed "Sorry" Louise said again "I'm just so happy!” 

I smiled and wiped the tears off my cheeks, leaving room for the new tears. I looked over at Joe who was just all smiles "I'm happy too" I said so only he would hear me. "I am too" he said back and I guess in some odd cheesy metaphorical way I felt, whole.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed because it's 2:30 in the morning and I should be sleep! 

There are three (Possibly four if you guys want a glimpse into the future type thing at the end) chapters left, and all three will come out before the New Year. So I don't if I should say you’re welcome or sorry....

But don't forget to...

LIKE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT! SEE YOU SOON! XX