Ch 7

Vic busted into his house, running into his mom as he went through the kitchen.

"My gosh, where's the fire?"

"Where's dad?"

"I don't know where that son of a bi-."

"Mom, right now is not the time for arguing please. I need to know where he is. There's an emergency."

"What's the emergency? What's wrong?"

"My friend is about to be sold as a sex toy for fucking creeps and I need dad to stop it!" Vic seethed. "Dad!" he began shouting. "Dad!" a pair of footsteps rushing down the stairs was heard before a man walked into the doorway.

"What's all the yelling?"

"Dad, you gotta help me, please!"

"What's wrong mijo?"

"My, my friend. His dad is gonna give him to creeps so they can fuck him and he's getting money in return."

"How do you know this?"

"I was walking Kellin to hi-."

"Kellin?" Mr. Fuentes said. Vic nodded. "As in Kellin Quinn?"

"Y-yeah, why?"

"The F.B.I have been tracking him since he was four. They said that he was taken from his mom by a crazy ex-boyfriend and that they've been tracking him for some time now."

"Dad, you have to save him. I, I can't let him get hurt."

"And are you sure this is true?"

"Yes. His dad and I were having a stare down. He sent Kellin to shower and then he was telling me how creeps would love his ass and then he said I should go with him and I tried to get Kellin out of there but he ignored me and told me to leave because his dad wasn't gonna do that." Vic said in one breath.

"Do you know where Kellin lives?"

"Yeah, he lives in 1021, two blocks to my right."

"Ok, what else do you know?" his father asked as he slipped on his shoes and gun belt.

"That his dad was coming back for him in an hour so in like fifteen minutes. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna finally make an arrest. There is a warrant out anyways and it is about time he is caught. Anything else that I should know?"

"I think his dad abuses him. I'm not saying he does but I think he does because sometimes he would come to school limping and sore."

"I think that's enough."

"What are you gonna do?"

"Stake out. I will call for some back up if there is a location. Do you know of any other things?" Mr. Fuentes asked before leaving.

"None that I can think of right now."

"Ok, I'll see you guys later."

"Stay safe, yeah?" Mrs. Fuentes called out just before he closed the door. "I would like my husband in bed tonight." Vic saw his dad smile, enough to crinkle the edges of his eyes, and his mom blush a bit.

Hopefully tonight things will be ok.

-

"Kellin, let's go!" his dad shouted from the living room. Kellin came down in a long sleeved, black shirt with black skinny jeans and black converse. "Did you shower?"

"Y-yes sir." He whispered.

"Get in the car." Kellin ran out the house and into the car before his dad had even moved.