I Promise

PREVIOUSLY:

His eyes trailed down to my lips then back to my eyes. Without realizing it, I do the same and before I knew it, I felt his soft lips collide with mine.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I didn't know what to do. It was a surprise to me! But once I got my mind together, I started to kiss back. He moved his right hand from my hands to my other cheek and my hands moved up to his arms holding onto him.

This was it. I was having my first kiss.

Seconds later, we both pull away gasping for air. Our foreheads were still connected and our eyes still closed. Well at least mine were.

"Umm... I uh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just, I was caught in the moment and I guess I wasn't reall-" I cut him off opening my eyes to see him staring into mine.

"It's fine Yoandri. A bit unexpected, but it's fine." I waved it off.

He smiled and pulled his head back. I did the same and got up brushing the dirt off from my jeans.

"Here." I heard him say and he gave me the sandwich again. "We should eat and then we can go walk around yeah?"

I nodded and slightly smiled. I took the sandwich from him and stared at it, slightly gulping. I hesitated for a while before bringing it up to my mouth and taking a small bite from it.

About 10 minutes past and he looked at me concerned.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "You've been staring at the sandwich like if it's going to kill you or something." he laughed.

I somewhat smiled and looked at him 'That's cause it is.' I said in my head. "I'm just not really hungry." Lies.

"Really? You're not hungry? But you haven't really eaten. Well, except for that one tiny muffin and ice coffee you got in the morning. But you didn't even finish it. Are you sure you're not hungry?" he questioned looking at me suspiciously making me look down right away.

"Yeah. Yeah I am sure." bullshit.

He nodded slowly dropping it. "Well okay then." he said standing up. He started putting some of the things away and I helped him.

Once everything was put away we put the things away in a place were no one would get them, not that anyone would since the park is nearly empty except for the ducks, and we started walking and talking.

I learned a few things about him. Turns out he's from Cuba. He's 17 (Their ages are different in the story! Bare with mee!) Music is his passion. His favorite artist is Tori Kelly. He auditioned for La Voz Kids before La Banda, which is where he met a friend named Daniela whom according to Yoandri, I have to meet. And all these other little things.

"So, Yami, tell me about yourself. And before you say anything, I shall be calling you Yami from now on. With or without your permission. Whether you like it or not." he stated with a smile.

"No one has ever called me that. Only Yamileth. Or other things... But whatever that doesn't matter. Except for Joel, he called me that once but it was at the hospital when we found out about our parents..." I trailed off.

"Well then I will be calling you that now."

"Um okay then. So anyways, as you already know I'm Joels twin. Im 16, turning 17 on February. Mexican. I love to draw, listen to music, play guitar, read, and dance. I love photography. I'm socially awkward and I don't really socialise with anyone. My favourite colours are black, blood red, burgundy, and royal blue. I love Disney movies especially Peter Pan! I never open up to people so really you're the first person I've actually told anything to. What happened in the morning was me just being caught so... Yeah I didn't really have any other choice. So yeah, for now thats it, I guess..." I told him looking at him as we kept walking.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked slowing down until we completely stopped. He walked and stood in front of me, holding both my hands in each of his.

"You just did." I said somewhat smiling looking at my hands that were being held.

He laughed and shook his head. "Can I ask you some questions?" he corrected himself.

"Sure. I guess." I shrugged looking into his warm, chocolate, brown eyes.

"How long have you been doing this to your self." he asked raising my arms talking about the cutting.

I sighed and pulled my arms back, pulling the sleeves down to my hands so I was holding them, and crossed them over my chest. I looked down atmy shoes and kicked a pebble in front of me. "About 5 years." I whispered.

"What!? 5 years! And nobody knew?!" he nearly yelled out.

I just shrugged looking at the trees in front of me, but behind him since he's facing me. "I never told anyone, and its not like they would've cared anyways."

I felt him squeeze each side of my upper arms and pull me into a hug."There had to be someone that cared." he whispered into my shoulder.

Memories of them came running through my head. They were the only ones that seemed to care. But sadly they had to leave. I didn't know where they left to, but that they just had to move. They're brothers so they both left together leaving me completely alone. They were all I had during school. They would tell the ones who would bully me to fuck off and all, and they would, until they left. Everyone thought it would be easier to get to me without them being there to 'protect' me.

They were like my older brothers. They acted more like brothers to me than Joel ever did. They were 1 year older than me but still. We went to a small school that had all the grades. It went from K-12. Everything started in middle school. The bullies came and we've been there since 1st grade. In 6th grade, I was 11 and I would be getting traumatized by their rude comments towards me. They would be telling me to not pay attentioj to them and I would just shrug it off. But then, mid 7th grade, they dropped the bomb on me. They told me they're moving. And when they did, BAM! All hell broke loose. That's when all the fun began. Well, for my bullies of course. But they would do it whenever Joel wasn't around. Since they were 'friends' I guess they knew I was his sister, so I guess one of them would distract Joel while everyone else in their group, would gamg up on me.

Funny thing was, Joel never knew about them. 7 years with them, and he didn't know about them. I bet he didn't know they would go to that school.

"Yami?" I heard Yoandri call.

"Hmm?" I answered snapping back to reality.

"Are you okay?" he asked looking into my eyes and wiping my cheek with his thumb and in that moment I tealized I was crying.

I was going to lie and say yes, but I guess my body had a mind of its own cause I shook my head "No." I whispered. "I'm not okay. And honestly, I don't think I'll ever be okay." I whispered looking down and wiping away the tears that have escaped.

"Don't say that. Things will get better." he lifted my chin up so we were looking into each others eyes. "Okay? You have me. And the rest of the guys" he leaned in and placed his soft lips on my cheek then hugged me again holding me really tight. His chin was resting on my shoulder as my face was buried in his neck.

"I promise."

~•~•~•~•~•~
Word count: 1330✨
03•27•16
~•~•~•~•~•~

I APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A LAME CHAPTER! But I really had nothing! :'(

So, help your girl out and give me some ideas on what should happen next!😂😱

And!!! Unlike my previous updates, instead of 1 minute before the following day, I updated very early!!! (It's currently 5:30 am where I live and I didn't get a wink of sleep!... Again... :/ )

Lmfaoo well, enjoy my loves! I love you all! 💖😘

~Yamileth💖