Chapter 17: ...Awkward (pic of ali)

Recap:

"No more drinks," he said sternly and I grinned, eyes lighting up. He was so handsome... I understood how my sister fell from him. Unable to help myself, I stood on my tiptoes and locked my arms around him. Confusion shone in his eyes. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his.

             He pulled back slightly but I wasn't giving up. I didn't feel so hot anymore. It felt like fireworks. After a few seconds, he stopped resisting and responding. At first it was soft and tender, slow and affectionate. Then something took over us. He bit down on my lip and I gave him entrance gladly. He deepened the kiss and a moan escaped my lips. It was fiery and hot and so passionate.

             "Ali," he murmured against my lips.

             "Yes?"

             "How much have you had to drink?"

             A giggle erupted from my lips.

             "Who cares?"

Chapter 17

-- Ali's POV --

             My eyelids fluttered open. Immediately I was blinded by white light and it took a few blinks for my eyes to get adjusted. I didn't recognise my surroundings. I was in somebody else's bedroom. It was extremely messy; books, clothes, DVDs, and many other stuff were cluttered over the floor.

             Where was I and what was I doing here?

             Last night was a blur. All I could remember was that I had way too much to drink at my birthday party. I raised a hand to my forehead which was pounding and throbbing and sighed.

             Something stirred beside me. I was suddenly very aware that there were arms wrapped around me and a head nuzzled in my neck.

             My eyes drifted towards the person next to me and the blood drained from my face when I realised who it was.

             I screamed.

             Dennis bolted up, eyes wide and alert. He stared at me blankly. I stared back. Then realisation dawned across him and he gasped.

             "Oh my God!" I cried and everything came flooding back to me. How I had kissed Dennis, how we had come to the bedroom, how we had slept together...

             I clutched the blankets close to my body and felt my heart pounding against my rib cage. Dennis blinked rapidly, his mouth slightly open. I knew we were thinking the same thing: Shit!

             "Ali," he breathed. "Did we..?"

             "Yes," I whispered and tried swallowing the lump in my throat - I failed. 

             "Shit!" he cursed, leaning forward to run a hand through his hair. "Shit, shit, shit..."

             "We had sex!" I shrieked, feeling dirty. I had sex with Dennis! I was such a whore! "This is bad... oh, this is so bad!"

             "We were drunk," Dennis muttered. "It was a mistake. It doesn't mean anything, right?"

             "No!" I said instantly. "Of course not! Not for me, anyway!"

             "Me neither," he said.

             No! What had I done?! 

             "This is... practically incest! You're my brother-in-law!"

             He rolled his eyes.