Chapter 16: Party

Recap:

 "You're having a party!"

             "What?!"

             I stood up but Gina was way too fast for me. She legged it, diving into her room and locking it behind her. Angrily I tugged on the door knob but it wouldn't budge. 

             "Gina!" I roared.

             Like birthday, but unlike presents, I did not like parties. Saying hello to relatives I hated and blowing out the birthday candles like a kid didn't float my boat. Gina knew that, yet she went against me anyway.

Chapter 16

-- Ali's POV --

             "How about this?"

             Gina twirled around in her dress. It was red to match her hair. Although low-cut and stopping half-way down her thighs, it didn't look slutty. The dress hugged her curves and showed off how tiny her waist was.

             I grinned with a thumbs up.

             "You look amazing!"

             "Thanks," she said, cheeks burning.

             I was already dressed in my black dress with satin pumps to match. Gina had tried to get me to wear heels, but it just wasn't going to happen. I couldn't walk in heels. I glanced in the mirror, checking my face. All I had bothered applying was mascara and dark-red lipstick. My hair was now a large clump of sleek brunette curls. I liked it.

             Gina applied her make-up though she really didn't need it. She was smoking hot without it.

             "Ready?" I said.

             "Wait," she said, holding up a finger. I waited as she hurried out of the room and came back with a black box. I stared at it.

             "You got me another present? You shouldn't have-"

             "I didn't," she cut me off and handed it to me. "It's from Dennis. He gave it to me to give you."

             "What?" I breathed. "Why didn't he just give it to me?"

             Gina shrugged.

             With shaky fingers, I managed to open the clasp and a goofy smile crept onto my face. It was a necklace. Attached to a short gold chain was the letter 'A', set with glittering round stones. There was a note beside it.

             With a subtle glance at Gina, who was hurriedly combing her hair again, I opened the note and read it.

Ali,

Happy birthday. This is a little something I've been meaning to give to you for a while. I decided to let you open it alone, because a sexy smirk from me would be guaranteed if I was there too, and I know you hate those.

Dennis

             Sexy... Yeah right.

             I bit back a smile as I tucked the note back into the box and laid it on the table. I weighed the necklace in my hands for a second before putting it on. It looked good.

             "Aw, that's sweet of him," said Gina when she saw it. We waited for a taxi and when one came, we got inside.

             "So where is this 'party'?" I asked. "It better not be some posh elegant tea party, Gee."