Chubby Cheeks 33

The sun was still high above the clouds, too eager to watch the show like all of us down here. The day was not blazing hot, neither was it cool; the temperature was something in between, something like perfect. Rose said it was very accurate for the players as well as the audience and I couldn't agree more. The smell of fresh popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy and all the cheers and laughter made this a perfect day. I loved it all because I don't remember when the last time I saw such a wonderful day was.

I am not sure how many gangs were there in total and I never tried to count. I was not even listening to the announcements. Apart from taking the sights in, I never gave any attention to what really was happening; thus, I don't know how many gangs performed and how many remained. I was immersed in the calculated emotions on Alex's face while he was talking and giving instructions to his teammates. I have to say, I was really impressed by the leadership quality of Alex. After a while, he dismissed his members to go have fun; in fact, he wanted me to himself and I was more than happy with that arrangement.

When we were alone, Alex closed the heavy blinds and sat next to me on the cushions and bedding that was arranged in the right corner of the tent which was having its own refrigeration. He took two cokes and came to sit next to me. His stare was so deep with emotions that I felt like I was drowning in him; in the chocolate pools of my brown danger. I feel like laughing when I remember the pet name I gave my chocolate; brown danger.

I couldn't handle his stare, so I leaned in and bit his lower lip which made him growl a sweet sound making me go all jelly starting from the knees. His hands raked through my hair crazily and kissed me on my neck, then he slowly moved his lips up and down my neck, very gentle, but I was getting impatient, thus I pulled him and kissed him hard like my life depended on him. ]

The kiss pushed me down keeping Alex top of me, giving me all these jittery nerves and stars making me feel enchanted. Out of breath, he got away from me, still looking at me wildly; I pecked him on his lips and called him my pet name, the one which I gave him from the beginning. Hearing it, he looked at me strangely, but he had that small twitch on his lips which made me kiss hungrily.

It was really dangerous how much we can love someone. With him, I can only see Alex. You name the place; I will say I saw Alex there. It was driving me crazy and with every kiss, our passion for each other increased at an alarming rate which was to be considered dangerous. But, I and he were on top of the world even though our heart used to ache with so much love. Alex was the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life apart from my mother and Fabio.

"Brown danger, huh"

"Don't blame me, it was something I named you when I first met you."

"Man, that is one awesome name. At least it was not something relating to shit."

"You are gross."

"Want to know what I named you when I first laid my eyes on you?"

"Yea..."

"My strawberry; you were plumpy, the right shade of pink that I love and fierce just like I want."

"Well, you know that strawberry goes well with chocolate, don't you?"

"Yea... just like this..."

There were no other words to describe this star war. I was completely absorbed in his kisses. The game his tongue played made me see my parched desires while I was alone back then. How I used to cry fearing that I might be alone like those mean girls told I will be. How much I cursed my life to be this way. And now without even slimming down to the size that the media has instilled upon people as the beauty mark, I have got myself a cherry, who knew how to love and make a girl feel inside and out.

He quickly went out and whistled Rose to stand guard while he finished his business inside. It was received with a beautiful laugh and I felt color rising to my cheeks. But, the way Alex walked his way to me slowly unbuttoning his pants, sparked many embers in me and I closed my eyes biting my lips.

The rest of the moments build crazy vibrations from the room making Rose gasp and comment from the outside to keep it low. Dang, I was embarrassed beyond limits, but Alex was not done with me and I didn't want the moment to perish. Thus, we were on our own ground, winning the trophy that was having elixir written all over it.

"Thanks for being here, thanks for being my whole life."

His words sounded like something soft yet the impact was like struck by lightning. I had to reply, "Alex, I have to thank you, babe. You don't know how much you made me feel by being there for me, by my side. This life was something that I dreamt and something that I only knew by reading novels. You made me feel I am worth something, I am worth living. Your smile is all that I need to feel revived from the lifelessness I suffer. Without you, I am numb inside... a girl with too many insecurities and a girl who is having suicidal tendencies."

His wet eyes and soft lips made me cry a river and we lay there, hugging each other and I was still crying to his soaked shoulders. His hands trailed butterflies through my arms and the back, securing me from going insane. I now have a purpose to live. I now know what it is to be loved and to love.

We must have slept because the next thing I remember was a blanket being thrown on us and a very angry Nat muttering under her breath and making too much sound by drinking a glass of water.

"Oh, the king and queen have risen. One minute we leave you this is what you guys do. Come on... we are in the middle of a crowd with a tournament to win. This is not a place to have your sexual cravings."

"Nat... shut up and go away."

"Ya... ya... dress up sleepy head, because the first round is over and the second is about to commence within half an hour."

That was well put because Alex was already dressed and back in action. He was mentally calculating his moves and the whole team was back in action. Once again I felt like an outsider with nothing to do other than watch their excitement.

"I have already practiced my ass off, but it would have been better if I get to do it one more time before flag off."

"Nat, you are never uncertain of yourself, what makes you think otherwise now?"

"Alexey, this stunt is dangerous and one wrong move..."

"You won't screw it up, we believe in you."

Finally, I get to hear the announcement and this time, around seven groups were eliminated. Wow, I never knew that there was elimination, well that makes it competitive. From what I heard and Rose's exhilaration, Red Scars was now standing as number three from the first round. It didn't brighten up Alex because he said; his team was number one in the last two years tournament. But, I assured him it was going to be alright and I was smirking happily because Blue Birds were down the chart being number five. Well, at least we were on top of them.

The crowd went frantic and the loud chanting of different gangs name sure did perk up the excitement in the air. The gangs which lose their chance went to the arena with sulking stance and I really did feel bad for them. Well, the announcer did know how to energize the feeling as he kept on telling how proud he was as they really played well, which in fact they did. But from what I gathered, four from the seven gangs were armatures. Their score was really impressive so they do have a chance next time, but right now, they lost it.

Gradually, a loud buzzer went off, bringing in the first group to the ground for round two and it was Blue Birds. Out of curiosity, I went to watch their performance which really blew my mind away. I was nothing but impressed seeing them performs.

As it is, there was a pang of sadness when I remembered what Den did to Stacey and Sandra, whose life was cut short because of his stupid infatuation. Somehow I pictured Stacey with us while Sandra with them and I felt like crying. Alex held onto me like he knew what was going inside of me. But, I smile because he needed the strength today and like he said, I am his strength now.

Somewhere in my subconscious mind, someone said, Blue Bird's stunt was not as good as Nat's. That perked me up and my smiles were worth it. Alex smiled to me holding me tightly and said his team was the last one to perform in the second round. Wow, that was awesome because it will be like an icing on the cake and it will bring some cheers and excitement for I was sure Nat had that power in her. I was very sure that Nat will fire it up and I was more than ready to face it.