Chubby Cheeks 31

After he made sure that there was no more bug than what we have found, this friendly inspector walked out assuring that he will keep in touch. As he got in, there was a beep and the dispatcher disclaimed that there was a body by the road turning to Nashville and he is to be reported immediately. With a sour face, he got in and sped off leaving behind us, a five very disturbed people in the room. As per the interest of all, we decided to go for a movie and we agreed really sourly.

But we never knew the plan would be abruptly stopped by a small phone call asking us to be there where the body was found. Alex knew something was really bad but he kept quiet throughout the entire ride and as we reached there; the people were really thick, but inspector Jenkins worms us out of the mass and we gasped at the sight that we were to see. Nat fell down to her feet and cried so hard worrying us all. After all, she was friend with her, more like sister; it must be so bad for her. I could even feel the tug at my heart, it's not like she deserved forgiveness after what she did, but nobody deserves to die like this. She sobbed hysterically seeing the twisted body of Stacey who had three deep gashes on the head and several stabs on the body. She had her eyes opened with tears still wet on the side of her eyes. Unable to look at her, I slowly walked towards Nat and we cried together. She repeatedly said the last thing she said to Stacey was that she won't forgive her.

The world was spinning relentlessly, but at first it was my own problems of my fat body, depression and like those stuffs that made me hate life. But, now as I am in middle of too many responsibilities, I feel like crawling into the depths of earth and never wake up. Having fat issues were so much better than this.

Alex had his fists tightly clenched and he was so angry that he looked so destructive. Finally there was a roar of anger from Alex who fell down with heavy breaths and it took, David, Brono and Jenkins to calm him down to the back seat of the police cruiser. He kept on chanting like a mantra that he will kill Den. seeing him in this state, made me feel angry and scared. I was scared of my Alex. I couldn't believe my own voice there. But, I did the bravest thing and walked to him, and upon seeing me, he held on to me and cried like a small child. The more I assured him everything is going to be alright, something that I doubted myself, the more he repeated the words of Nat. The last thing he too said was he won't forgive her.

After two hours on the crime scene. There was no evidence, no nothing to connect her murderer to this heinous crime. Finally, she was pulled into a black body bag and was wheeled to the forensics for autopsy. It was then I realized her bike that was still running, lay half a mile away from her body. It surely was meant to look accidental by her assaulters but the stab mark showed otherwise which a small plus sign was for us.

As Jenkins saw everything was settled so far, he walked towards us and broke the news.

"The special police and FBI are having shadows over him and we are watching him from now on. There is a small hole in his plan but that won't be enough if we have to pin him under custody. But, now as the matter has escalated to seriousness, we are hoping to grab him at the earliest. I am sorry, I shouldn't have called Alex, but I wanted someone to claim her, to say they knew her. We contacted Sandra as she was the only relative, but she claimed nothing and that was the end of it. You all need to rest, goodbye Alex. My friend Jacob here will drop you home and Richard will get your vehicle home."

Alex shook his hands and Jenkins pulled him to a warm hug which stayed for a couple of minutes and then, without another word we drove through the dark to our place which I doubt will be filled with Stacey's laughter.

---

Stacey, despite the scratches and bruises, looked calm and beautiful in her white lace dress holding a bouquet of white lilies. A small tear dropped to one of the petals as I bid farewell to a friend whom I used to adore before I knew about the turn of events. Unlike me, Nat couldn't hold it much, thus, she broke down into sobs and cried so hard that it was unbearable to look at her without crying. That made the few people gathered around, sniff and wipe away imaginary tears. Yes, there were only few people gathered and that too when they heard there will be free food and service. No one knew Stacey and thus there was not many to her funeral. Even though inspector Jenkins let Sandra know about the funeral, she didn't come.