Chubby Cheeks 26

It was only three days since my kidnapping; more like taking me to a friend's house like a vacation. For I never thought it might be this easy to wriggle free from his grasp or he would be this careless with me. Many questions swarmed through me, thinking about why this was too easy for me to get away from his hold; why that driver helped me get away; why did he tell me everything that was top secret. I regretted that I should have asked about the music case and who killed Charles.

Even before I completed my train of thoughts, in came crashing Alex through the door asking Jack why did he ask him to come as soon as possible. Jack moved out of the way and Alex saw me with an expression which was very painful to look. He after seeing me, leaned on the door knob and cried, I cried, Jack sniffed and Fabian was just in time to this drama when he plucked Alex away from me and hugged me so tight that I could feel myself gasp for air. Jack hugged Alex sideways and stood there holding him. I looked at all three of them and felt I was the luckiest, sister, sister-in-law and girlfriend. That made a fresh batch of tears to stain my face. 

As per my suggestion, Jack didn't inform them three about me, so that way they will come casually without causing any scene. But, there was a high chance for Stacey to see that Alex missing can be because I ran away and she might break all chains. But, at least I can try.

"Alex, you sure you didn't raise any suspicion, right?"

"Yes, I am sure. I casually jumped out saying I am going to search for you. No one knows that I am coming here, I instructed them I am going north from sandy lane to Santa lane."

"Hmm, was Stacey with you in the warehouse?"

"Umm... yes, and she even suggested that she wants to come with me to search for you and I said, I need to do this alone; so she dropped it hesitantly. Look, what is going on, where were you? What happened?"

"I will answer your questions. Let inspector... oh, he is here..."

"Angela... it's so good to see you."

"Yes thank you, sir, I need to tell you lot more. Please be seated everyone and don't you all interrupt me when I am the story teller here. I tend to forget things easily and then you might not get any details. Ok?"

Inspector Jenkins was happy with the way I spoke but Alex was not so happy with the gleeful tone. But anyway, inspector sealed his leaps in an imaginary way and threw the zip down; while Jack, Fabian and Alex sulked in their seat and looked at me sullenly.

They kept to their word and kept quiet throughout my narration. Fabian and Alex was about to pounce and kill someone when they heard Den all over me. A small smile twitched on Alex face when I said about the period joke. Jenkins was an amusing man, for he laughed out loud hearing that making me go pink from scarlet. Anyway, his face might have won an Oscar to see it twitch back to grim while hearing the crucial details. I could feel Jack and Alex go pale hearing about their father and Fabian was feeling unsettled to hear about our parents. The atmosphere was like a graveyard when I finished talking. It was an unhealthy kind of silence.

After what feels like eternity, Jenkins spoke up. "Ok, as this is really grave, I can clearly see where the music case and Charles fall in place. But, without any evidence..."

Again the unhealthy silence took me back to the white room making me want to slouch and go down and die. Den's hands made me want to gag and those chapped lips made me feel like I was kissing drought land. It all made me feel nauseous and seeing me, Alex and Fabian jumped to my aid. Alex brought me some orange juice which made me feel a bit alright.

If I had to take that creep out of me, I should do something which considering the time, it was like a desperate attempt. But, I need to do it, or else I might fall back to a panic attack. So, I excused Alex from the group and took him to a room and started to kiss him wildly.