Chubby Cheeks 20

The perks of being a best friend were, I got a day off without a mark in my attendance. Yay, for me; but to get stuck in a hospital is tantalizing. I wanted to bust that odd looking doctor who had no manners and respect. Well, I wanted to break his leg so bad, so, I pulled myself from him. Thus, I was in the cafeteria once again ordering a burger. Halfway through, I saw Nat walking in and smiled at me.

"Ah, I thought you might be in here."

"Yeah, I hate this stupid anxiety making me eat a truckload. I can't help it you know."

"Hmm, well, Ann was so relieved to see me even though we are not great friends or something, but that insolent doctor shooed me away. Can you believe it? I ran away and knew that you must be in the same hysterics as me and knowing you... I thought you might be in here to relieve yourself out from the danger of breaking his legs."

I had to laugh at her because within these few days she studied me so well that it looks like we have been sisters for a very long time.

"You got me there sissy."

"What did you call me?"

"Umm, I am sorry..."

"No, it actually felt good."

"Oh." Her eyes had a tinge of tears in the shade of bliss and I felt elated. Biting onto my fries thoughtfully, I watched her walk away and plopped down with a big chocolate milkshake and strawberry cheesecake.

"This is for you."

"How did you know that chocolate milkshake is my favorite?"

"Who said chocolate is for you. I brought you cheesecake."

"Dang, But, no thanks, I am full."

"Eat."

We sat there in harmony feeling quite at leisure. After our meal, we continued sitting there cracking jokes and having fun. A queasy looking man with his crooked brow stared at us from behind a cabin which was the warning for us to leave. Smiling and taking our time, we slowly pulled ourselves from the table which only irritated him more. Laughing out loud, we did take extra precaution to irritate him; he came out from his cabin and stood at the counter where we paid our bill. Finally, we went because if we have to come here the next time, he might pull us out even before I can order something else.

So, having nothing else to do, I planned to barge into her room and look if that doctor was still there; to our surprise he was. On seeing us, he was furious but Annie looked pale, but as soon as she saw us, she looked relieved.

"Oh, thank God, Angela..."

"Why..." I couldn't complete my question. He was all over me with his rage.

"Who asked you to come inside? My session with her isn't over."

"Really, are you really lecturing her about diets or..."

"Or what...get out before I call security."

"Mister, if you stay one more minute here, I will call security." Ann sternly said from her hospital bed, looking as if she will cry any minute.

There was an uneasy silence in the room. Finally, the Doctor looked at her sternly one last time before stomping out of the room. Nat and I looked at him in silence and turned back to see a crying Annie.

"Ann, I know this is not you, what happened?"

"That man... oh, he is..."

"Tell me. You played your tale around with what happened yesterday and now with this. Will you complete one sentence?"