Chubby Cheeks 12

The view inside this thickly packed woodland was breathtaking. It was not a forest nor it was a populated area, it was well secluded from the outside world and one has to walk far to reach this large warehouse in between the greenery, so far as I have noticed. Tangled boulevard was the name of this place but it was not there in the maps. By what I gathered, the road to this place starts from Sandy Street and it mazes into this part of a county heritage which was once famous for its vegetation of grapes. Now, as it stands deserted with overgrown shrubs and trees, Alex and his gang were happy as long as they were deserted.

I was standing by the gates of the warehouse eyeing the thick greenery as the light falls in thin strips of gold threads illuminating tender leaves and flowers. It was magical; I was drinking in the flavor of the dense as well as the melody of different birds and insects. They were interminable yet they never irritated me; I smiled heartily relaxing. Everything was so serene here.

"Enjoying?"

"Hi, Nat"

"How are you doing?"

"God, this is breathtaking...but, don't you get bored after a while?"

"Bored? What are you saying? This is my life Angela, this is me. This wasteland is mine and this warehouse is my house."

"I don't understand."

"Long ago, my father used to be a farmer and he met my mother while working on my mother's father's field. You turned right to reach here form Sandy Street; if you had looked at the right to the turn you took, you could have seen a small muddy road which leads to the Panda's acreage; the land of Pandow Panda. A weird name, I know and a twisted story...so, he had two daughters and the eldest one was my mother. 

"In fact, my mother ran off with my father, because her father was trying to force her into marrying Charles... some relative of my Grandpa. They were never in love you see my mom and dad, and he didn't want to marry her; but my dad used to tell me that, Charles was a man of deceit and he was quite an animal towards women, so my father rescued her and then the love story was begun. Her father was kind enough to let her go as she wished and Charles married my mom's sister. Loran was their son...is now the sole heir to Pandow panda and he is in the rival biker group. He wishes me and Alex dead or me as his wife."

"Why?"

"Because he knew my mother would have been his mother if she would have married his father, but my aunt married his father and let's say she is not a mother everyone yearns for. Plus, Charles was furious but my grandpa was strong and he respected my mom's wishes; but after his death, Charles was severely injured by stunting and he instilled the poison to Loren and thus he is my rival wishing me dead."

"Why are you telling me your life?"

"It's no big deal; Alex pulled me through thick and thin and if he trusts a girl to his secrecy then she must be loyal to all of us as we are family here and we never cheat on our back."

"My, you guys are so awesome. Why don't you come to town?"

"I love it here and these people; I actually met them from town. They were all broken like me and they needed help and I was able to pick them up and give them hope and they have been loyal since."

"But, I don't see a whole pack, it's so little."

"Little is good honey, I brought Sandra the late pick and my first mistake to my pack because she cheated on me and now she is the girl gig to Loren. So, tell me about your love."

"Nothing much, at least not as interesting as your Nat"

"What? You find my life interesting? It is anything but interesting...it is dangerous."