Chubby Cheeks 21

The sun screamed onto my face as I waited for my results. Yes, the year was finally over without much happening in the school after everyone knew that I was Alex's girl. Most were shocked to learn that we were a thing now. They couldn't register the fact that, someone loved me. I had to shake my head and forget about their faces. But, I can never forget that day.

On a fine morning, on the last day before our exam, inside the cafeteria, where everyone gathered around, he came to me in a white button-down shirt and dark blue Levis; kneeled down after asking me to get up and held out another ring, asking me to be his girlfriend. It was the most beautiful day of my life and the most resentful date of Lena's. My world stopped spinning, everyone was too stunned to speak, someone burst out; it seemed like many of his lovers did. And finally, when I squealed yes, everyone applauded and I cried, wondering how I got such a beautiful chance to outshine. With much of his help, I was able to come down a few pounds and I never looked bulky like I did, I was just curvy like Nat said.

And after that incident, people started noticing me, but, I started ignoring them... keeping Alex in the center of my world. Everything was moving fast when we are incredibly happy.

After his proposal every day was magical.

On prom night, where Alex was the man of the night, yes he was selected as the prom king, I was beaming with joy. As I am fat, there was no chance for me to be shining in the shoes of a prom queen. But, with Alex around, anything was possible. I was nowhere near prom queen, but I was the one who he selected to dance for the rest of the night. The prom queen was, in fact, Alex's friend so she was not offended and that ended well. So, till the night shy away to an early morning, I was running out of breath with happiness and tears. Prom was the most memorable decoration of my life. The dance and the night were magical. I never thought that I would actually come to prom. Even my enemies made sure I should sulk down in that day alone in my room with their harsh words. But, there I was, wearing a peach colored solid maxi dress trimmed to fit my body and it did a nice job to beat many dressed which were a disaster in the prom.

To the question of Lena, what will I do on prom...? I answered back with my beautiful performance. And in the middle of the night, we came to know that she was dragged back home by her father for something that she did. Oh, it was embarrassing...

Well, prom... the night, the proposal all ended well and I was strong enough by their help. My real family; Alex, Fabian, Jack... oh, Jack... well, he was back in full action from his accident and it seems like he was healthier than all of us. With his intense workout and wonderful tricks ... I was really slimming down. But, it was long way considering I was near to 270 lbs.

Jack proposed Jasmine, but she said she needs time and that ended their relationship. She did say that she was finally settling in, but it seems like she didn't and that broke all of us. Jack being the strong fellow; he laughed it off. But, I know him too well by now to see that his eyes longed the perkiness which was in fact lost.

Fabian and Celine were engaged and having a life of their own, giving me much space which nudged Alex to move in with me. The perks of being happy were having the man you love to be there with you as your sunshine.

I was enjoying my life; even when I am anxiously waiting. Alex hugged me and kissed my forehead and slowly kissed my lips assuring me everything is going to be alright.

"You will do just fine, and we will walk out to a new year with the course of your dreams."

"But, I want to be a rider like you."

"It is not difficult to be a rider. In fact, Nat called me yesterday. The program has been rescheduled and it will be held after three months. Oh, Nat did leave us after two weeks and it has been almost five months since I have seen her or sandy street.