Epilogue

Almost after a year of completing this book i decided to write an epilogue and i am quite happy with it. I hope you enjoy it also.

Its been a year. A year since Caleb has woken up, ever since that day he swore to himself he was going to try with everything he could to get better. He forgot little pieces about what happened but nothing big was forgotten which we were all glad about.  School was difficult but we ignored it, and it seemed that it all sort of died down after a while.

I watch the scene in front of me and smile, Dean hugging Caleb as hard as he could. After Caleb woke up at the hospital Dean ran, nobody knew where he went but he showed up just a few minutes ago and apologised furiously. I saw Kathrine crying slightly, she must be so relived they are okay once again. Oh and how can I forget! Caleb's grandparents are checking in on Kathrine every so often and I think they are finally going to give custody of Victoria, Caleb's little sister, back to Kathrine.  

"Hey you" Caleb greeted while hugging me, I smiled and hugged him in return. I grabbed his hand and tugged it slightly. "Come with me" He looked at me curiously but listened. I pulled him to his room and made him sit on his bed. "What are you doing?" He asked, I just smiled and pulled out a piece of paper from my pocket and opened it up. I clear my throat look at him once more.

"Caleb.. The day you fell into a coma a year ago  I wrote something for you, and I want to read it to you" I said quietly, slightly scared of what he would think.

"Im all ears, beautiful" He said, I nodded and started

"Caleb, I love you. I love you with everything I have and with everything I am .Im scared out of my mind right now, Im looking at you. You look pale and cold and all I want in this moment is for you to open those beautiful eyes of yours and tell me you love me and that it will all be okay. I should have done more, I should have...I should have asked you mo-" I felt my eyes start to tear up and I cleared my throat again and turned my back to him not wanting him to see me cry.

"Im sorry if I wasnt there enough. You are the love of my life and I dont care if people say im too young because to me you are my whole life and now my whole life if lying on a hospital bed and I cant... and i cant bare this pain.  The doctor said if you wake up you could forget everything, he said if  not when but if and in that moment it felt like my heart was ripped into pieces...please dont forget us or your family Caleb. But even if you did, I would be with you, try help you remember, I would do anything I could for you baby and I hope you know that. Please wake up soon... I love you" I finished, by now tears were falling at all these memories. "I just wanted to let you hear...to hear how much I love you and how much I never want to lose you." I mumbled

It was silent, I could only hear him breathing slightly. I slowly turned around and I saw him and the few stray tears that fell down his cheeks. He got up and pulled me into him tightly and I held him as hard as I could. I heard him mumbling "Its okay" and "I love you so much" into my hair. He kissed me again and again. "The whole family is going to watch movies, want to join?" Caleb asked, I looked into those beautiful eyes of his and nodded "In a minute, I'll catch up" I reply. He kisses me again and walks out his room. I walked up to his wall with pictures of us and smile.

 Someone once told me 'When everything feels like its falling apart, it might actually be falling into place' and I really feel like that is whats happened here. I know there will be rough patches in my life and in Calebs but I know me and him always have each others backs. Love, it is a weakness and a strength. It makes you feel like one of the strongest people in the world and so so lucky to have that amazing person by your side. I honestly could not be happier with Caleb being that person by my side, I wouldn't swap him for anything in the world.

He tells me that I have saved him. But what Caleb doesn't realize is.... 

He saved me from losing myself, and I am forever grateful.

I touch the pictures one more time and then exit the room. I sit next to Caleb on the couch and the movie starts. The whole family is here, even my parents. I look at Kathrine and she smiles sweetly at me and I smile back. I look up at my world, Caleb, and god I swear I will never stop loving this boy. He is the definition of perfect to me.

The boy I saved, is the boy that saved me too. 

T H E     E N D