Chapter 17- The Dark Dragon

***Lucy's POV***

The sit was evil. My friends were on the ground, groaning in pain. They still had a hint of hope in their eye, but just one attack from this guy with the glass thing and they were already down, but I can't do any better can I?

"H-Hellionoid?" I choked out.

"You must've heard of it during your childhood, Lucy Heartfillia." He slyly smiled.

"No, no no no. My power can't summon that thing! There's no way!" I panicked.

"Light mixed with the soul of the dark dragon will give it and its owner incredible power." He laughed evilly.

"R-right!" Lisanna cheered darkly and stood up.

"I-I told you ice stripper." Natsu hissed.

"You practically lost already. By the time you're done, Master would have collected enough power to do the ritual. You lost, fairy tail." The man cackled.

"Yeah what he said!" Lisanna cheered and smirked.

"I have enough power to fight for my friends!" I stood up weakly and got into a fighting stance.

"Lets see then." They both laughed and sent dark waves towards all of us.

"Celestial barrier!" I casted, a white light destroying the attacks.

"Boiling Water Dragon's Roar!" I roared and they both dodged. It ended up hitting the wall Riley was stuck to and she got blown back even farther.

"You still have that much power left?! Geez how annoying!" Lisanna scowled and charged at me for a dark punch.

"I have enough to save my friends." I said confidently and blocked. She growled and kicked me. I dodged and kicked her towards a wall.

"Nightmare's crushing despair!" The man casted and purplish skulls came out swirling about.

"Celestial Explosion!" I set my hands out and a huge and brilliant light hit the attack straight on.

"H-hey! We can move again!" Wendy jumped up and stretched.

"Y-yeah..." I panted. Celestial explosion would fill the allies around me with a fighting spirit that would keep them fighting with the lights.

"Luce! You okay?!" Natsu ran up to me. I coughed and forced a smile.

"Y-yeah."

Everyone gave me and uncertain smiled and I shrugged it off.

"We need to find the master and stop before he can summon Hellionoid." I said urgently.

"That's right. I heard in a folktale long time ago that that dragon would destroy mountains in one swipe. We need to stop it immediately." Erza informed.

"Right. We need to also stop the power flow-age. If he gets ahold of all of Lucy's power..." He drifted.

"Yosh! Lets go down this hall!" Natsu pointed and ran off.

"Wait up!" I called after him. Geez, can he not wait for his fellow guild members?

I ran down the shady hall and came into a room where Natsu was staring intensely.

"H-he's already summoning it." Natsu stuttered. Oh no.

"Stop this at once!" I shouted and man with blond hair stood up.

"I see you escaped. Oh well, you can't stop it now." He chuckled and looked towards the giant pit.

"Water Dragon's Roar!" I roared at him and he deflected it with a beam.