Chapter 2- Don't Leave Me

***Lucy's POV***

Seeing Natsu in pain, and the little boy. No longer could I loiter around, being the useless me I was. I couldn't stand it; being weak.

"Stay down Lucy." Erza orders me sternly. She was concerned too. I grit my teeth. I have to change. For my family. 

Right as the thought escapes my mind, I feel the blood within me boiling. I scream loudly as I crush the ground with my fists. My blond hair begins to dip into blue streaks, and my brown eyes clear into blue. What... Is happening to me?

I stand up, scowling at the man who does the same. Erza just stares, bewildered and maybe amazed.

Her jaw gaps open as I stand. My wounds still stay, but my look was completely different. What was this power? No matter, I will defeat this man. With all my magic, strength, and with the support of my nakama. I charged at him recklessly.

"Lucy stay back!" Erza screams, but I've already captured magic within my palm. I never knew I could store magic like that though. 

I then said something I would never think I would say in my life.

"WATER DRAGON'S IRON FIST!" I swung my fist at him, now engulfed in boiling water. I hit him as hard as I could as he went flying into a tree, immediately snapping it.

"Lucy!" I heard everyone scream. Not the bad kind, but the kind where they were almost cheering for me.

The man struggled to stand, so I decided to seize the opportunity.

"Water dragon's Roar!" I yelled, almost as if it were natural to me. A whirlpool of water exploded from the magic circle as the man was blasted with a beam of water.

I heard running footsteps toward me, along with some wings.

"Lucy that was so cool! When did you learn dragonslaying?!" Natsu exclaims excitingly as he looks at me with a grin.

Gray smirks. "I never knew you were like the flame brain, but I must say, it was most impressive."

"But, you're now a dragon slayer correct?" Erza smiled lightly but then the smiled faded.

"Huh...?" I mutter as the world around me spins endlessly. "I... Can't... Stand?"

"Oi Lucy stay awake!" I hear Natsu yell.

I couldn't keep up, and the last thing I hear was my name being called as I drowned in waves of darkness.

***Natsu's POV***

Lucy just collapsed in front of my eyes.

"Lucy!?" We all called out, but she wouldn't open her eyes.

"Hurry! We have to get her back to the guild!" Gray says urgently. "We'll have Wendy look at her!"

"I'll take him." Erza says sternly as she carries the man like a sack of potatoes. "You two go ahead. We need to take Lucy's safety as the number one priority.

I picked up Lucy and started to dash towards the guild. I was so worried for her. She did save us after all. The little boy was being carried by Gray and we ran as fast as we could.

[At the guild]

"Everyone move aside!" I shouted angrily. I stared down at Lucy's wounds. Her cuts started to open and my panic rose. "Wendy!" I hollered loudly, breathing heavily as the young girl runs up to me with wide eyes.

"O-oh my! Lucy!" She gasps. The guild makes way as we push inside to the infirmary. I lay Lucy on the bed as I try hearing her breathe.

"Natsu." A dry voice says. "What happened?"

"Gramps... Lucy is a dragon slayer." I say quietly. Gramps seems surprised, but stares at Lucy, observing her carefully.

"The balance in magic was disturbed today." Gramps took a sip of his beer. "This was probably the case." 

"I heard that the Water Dragon Slayer is the second strongest in the world!" Mira-Jane added cheerfully, despite one of her best friends falling ill. The first one of course, was the fire dragon, Igneel.

Lucy... Although she was always on my mind, only she appeared in my thoughts now. I frown as I think about the pain Lucy is going through.

"Natsu." A smoother voice says cooly. "Lucy is alright. She's just restoring her power..."

I glance over and see a familiar orange haired cat. "Loke."

Gramps sighs as he stands up. "She'll do some training with her water powers. But for now, we should let her rest." He says, opening the door. Just as he opens it, many of the guild members crowd the opening.