27. R&R

Ozzy left me to sleep in his room last night whilst he took to the sofa. While all I really wanted was to snuggle in bed with him, I needed a decent night’s sleep to prepare us for a day ahead of talking. A lot of talking. 

After taking a quick shower, using some of Ozzy’s apple scented shower gel which makes me smell just like him, I change into my clothes for the day, an oversized black and white light weight jumper and denim shorts. Thankfully, my jumper can hide my bandage for my arm, it’s not exactly a fashion statement to make. With my left arm, I attempt to put a light face of makeup, but fail miserably before calling for Ozzy to come and help me, but he doesn’t respond. Annoyingly, Aria left last night after dinner because she would be perfect to do my makeup. Instead, I go and knock on Annaleigh’s office door. Annaleigh works as an interior designer and her office is my ideal work haven. It’s covered in previous houses she’s decorated and furnishings she loves.

‘Morning Immy. Are you okay?’ She asks, looking up from her desk. She then looks at the clock, before looking back at me.

‘Um, yeah. Would you mind helping me do my makeup? I’m not very good with my left hand.’

She practically jumps up as I say this. ‘Oh Immy, I would love to! This was my dream when I was growing up, having a daughter to dress up and do makeup with.’ Excitedly, she walks back to Ozzy’s bedroom with me where my makeup is laid out to bring it back to her study, before saying, ‘We must be quick though. I’ve got a few things to do.’

I sit on her plush desk chair, as Annaleigh stands up and begins doing my makeup. It’s so relaxing having someone do your makeup for you. She doesn’t talk much while she does it, but makes a point to ask my one question. 

‘Do you love my boy, Immy?’ She stops before applying my blush, waiting for me to answer.

I frown at her question. ‘You shouldn’t have to ask me that.’

She gives me a small smile, before saying. ‘Because he loves you so much. Really, I’ve never seen him happier than when he is with you. I mean, I thought my 20 year old boy would want to be out sleeping with different girls each night, but he’s content staying at home watching a film with you. He loves you to pieces, Immy. Don’t doubt that. And whatever has gone on between you, I really hope you work it out.’

‘Thanks, Annaleigh.’ 

She finishes my makeup relatively quickly, before she looks at her clock in her room, and says, ‘We need to go downstairs now.’

I don’t have the chance to ask her why as I tie my hair in a bun and follow her down to  see Ozzy standing there with my suitcase by his side. Is he chucking me out? Does he not want to talk things through? Annaleigh just said all of those supportive things. Does he really not feel the same way. I begin to panic and go to speak to defend myself, but he gets there first. 

‘We’re going away,’ he declares, tapping my suitcase and bringing his own suitcase to my attention.

My eyes bulge. ‘What do you mean?’

‘We need a proper break from everything. So you and I are going on a mini break. We promised we’d go on holiday together this summer and why not do it now? It’ll be good for us, we’ll really have a chance to talk then and get a holiday too.’

‘But I don’t have my-’

‘Passport?’ He finishes, before smirking at me and pulling it out of his pocket. ‘When you went to bed, I drove down to get it.’

‘You drove all the way back to my house to get it?’ I exclaim. ‘You must be exhausted.’

He yawns and nods. ‘Yep, so you really can’t say no now, can you?’