24. Becoming Official

A/N: Sooo, this is a big chapter so I really hope you enjoy it! Please let me know what you think :) x And dedicated to the amazing makeawish for helping me sort the order out because without her, you would not have had this chapter! THANK YOU!

Leon and I have been practising my driving for the past few days now and we’ve been progressively spending more and more time together out of the car too. Right now, we’re making lunch at his place with Rex and Sonny. The boys have come back from work for their late afternoon lunch break and wanted to see me too, which is sweet. We made sandwiches and ate crisps for our light lunch as well as sharing a bowl of strawberries dipped in chocolate, which was a bit romantic of us to make together.

Once they’ve headed back to work, Leon and I can’t help but descend into some kissing on the sofa, which gets progressively more intense and intimate, before I pull back my head to look at him. He looks so handsome right now, his hair is a little wispy and his cheeks are widening into a smile. 

He must have felt a shift between us these past few days. It was subtle, but we definitely have been talking a lot more, spending the majority of the day and night together and continuously texting throughout the day about nothing in particular. He must have felt that what was happening between us was descending into relationship territory, and that both petrifies me and surprisingly, excites me. 

I still feel as if I should be single for a little longer and whilst Leon hasn’t pressed for us to go into a relationship, I’m just going to let that obvious question hang in the air without answering it unless pressed, but it seems like we might be heading that way. 

He brushes my hair out of my eyes and I rest myself on his hips, my legs either side of him and give him a small smile. He certainly feels turned on after that make out. Careful not to arouse him anymore, I sit still and smirk at him. 

‘Need to cool down?’ I tease, as his legs raise up so I can rest my back against them.

‘Mmm, don’t move though. It’s nice having you there,’ he gives me a wink and I roll my eyes at him. ‘Shall we go for a drive in a bit?’ He asks, running his hands up and down my legs. 

I agree, brushing my fingertips along his chest and smiling. ‘I like the sound of that. Can I go home and change first though?’

I stayed over at Leon’s house last night seeing as no one was in my house last night; not even Ozzy was there, so I would have been completely alone, so Leon suggested I stayed over. While we may have shared a bed, the furthest we got to was spooning and sleeping, rather than the typical making out. . 

‘Want to walk me back?’ I ask cheekily, standing up and stretching. 

He pretends to not want to, but the grin he gives me tells me his answer. I snuggle beneath his arm as we slip our flossy shoes on and head back to my place. The sun has been out in full force this week, which has caused Leon and I to frequent a few of the parks and both make out and have little picnics. He made me drive to some parks a little further away, confident that I was much better at driving than I had believed. I tried parallel parking yesterday, which was a success but I’m not ready for a three point turn, so Leon has always been ready and waiting to take over the wheel when necessary. Since Ozzy hasn’t been here since my last driving lesson, Leon has taken over the reigns of teaching me.

As we walk along the streets back to my house, with the sun beating down on us, we walk hand in hand, singing a song Leon wrote a few days ago. It’s almost lullaby-esque, it’s so soft and mesmerising as the words fall from his mouth. I asked if it was about me, but he bluntly told me no, but he had written a better song he would show me eventually.