10. Get Lucky

I decide to get changed for my evening in with Ozzy. Despite not going out, I feel the need to dress up a bit, so I’ve chosen to wear a pair of denim high waisted shorts, a sleeveless peach blouse and I pick out a pair of high white wedges to make myself a little bit taller standing beside Ozzy. After spending more time on my makeup, I take my bag with me and head into the flat kitchen to tell anyone in there that I’m off out. Rowland and Delaney are the only ones there, both of them are sat eating dinner together and they smile at me as I enter. I’m guessing they’ve having a date night too.

‘Sorry for interrupting,’ I apologise, but Delaney shakes her head.

‘Don’t worry about it. You look gorgeous, Immy. Are you off out?’ She asks, spinning some pasta onto her fork, before spooning it into her mouth.

I shrug and sit beside them and say, ‘Kind of. I’m spending the evening in with Ozzy.’

‘Oh that’ll be nice. How are things between you both?’

That seems to be the million pound question whenever I’m asked how we’re getting on. ‘They’re going okay. He’s trying so hard.’

‘No one would ever doubt that he would,’ Rowland chips in, before letting go of the hand holding Delaney’s to take a swig of his beer.

‘I best head off. Have a romantic evening,’ I tell them both, and I can’t help but smile as they shoot each other a look across the table before wishing me farewell.

I make the quick two minute walk down the road to Ozzy’s halls of residence and flat, passing the open expanse of parkland and the route into town. On the way back from my lesson this afternoon, Blake took me for a long winded tour of the hidden parts of the city to get me more used to my surroundings. Finally, I knock on his flat door, but instead of Ozzy answering it, Emma does. She’s dressed up, obviously, seeing as she mentioned going out earlier on with the rest of her flat, to which Ozzy declined us joining. I don’t miss the glance of her eyes down at my outfit, whilst she stands there, holding the door open and yet blocking my entrance.

‘Is Ozzy expecting you?’ She questions, resting her spare hand on her hip.

I frown my eyebrows at her and nod. ‘We’ve got plans tonight, so that’s why he couldn’t come out with you all. Don’t you remember earlier on?’

She doesn’t answer me, but instead walks back to her bedroom, leaving me standing at the door. A girl walks out of her room and beams at me. ‘Immy! Ozzy didn’t tell me you were coming over.’ She flings her arms around my neck, before pulling back and clapping her hands in excitement.

‘I didn’t tell you because Immy’s mine tonight, not yours, Lucia,’ I hear Ozzy’s voice from behind me. I turn around and smile as I see how much effort he’s made in his appearance, despite us staying in. 

‘You look beautiful, Immy,’ he tells me, walking forwards to where I’m stood. ‘You can talk to Immy while I finish getting things ready.’

I want to say he doesn’t need to give Lucia permission to talk to me, but let it pass as I go into Lucia’s room. I’m gathering we must have been good enough friends by her pure delight in seeing me for the first time. I look around her room and see pictures of her and another guy pinned on her wall, smiling and laughing and in tight embraces.

‘How have you been then? Sorry I didn’t catch you earlier on. You are looking so well though,’ she compliments.

‘You haven’t seen the staples,’ I say with a smirk, but in all serious, they’re not all that pretty. Thankfully, they’re due to be taken out within the next few days when I head back home.