1. Where It All Went Wrong

A/N: Okeys so I’ve been desperate to post this chapter and couldn’t wait any longer, so please enjoy and do let me know your thoughts :D Thanks so much for your kind words on the prologue too, means bunches <3

London calling, all aboard, London calling,’ my boyfriend, Oscar, who I fondly call Ozzy, calls out sarcastically to the other passengers as we board the train back to my hometown.

I nudge him and roll my eyes as we find two seats with a table to lay out all of our crap on for the couple of hours we’ll be spending cooped up on this train. Ozzy and I do long distance between Leeds, where his Mum lives, Cambridge, where his Dad lives and London, where I live and have done it successfully for over a year now ever since we came back from travelling around fifteen months ago in Australia, before ending up going to the same university in the September after we met, which definitely helped our relationship.

We spent three months solidly together travelling around Australia and Asia after our first induction day together, which turned out to be the best three months of my life; exploring the world and meeting the love of my life. Of course, most couples get to know each other before going on holiday together; but we did it all backwards by getting together and travelling with one another, all at the same time. I’m pretty sure I found out a lot more that way than I would have if I had just met him back home due to spending every waking moment together.

‘Shut up, Northerner, don’t embarrass me,’ I quip and take my seat next to the window, knowing Ozzy will moan about that for the first twenty minutes of the train journey.

‘Oh but you always have the window seat,’ he moans back at me, his Northern accent becoming a bit stronger after spending a week back in his hometown. It’s not as strong, due to his Mum only moving to Leeds when Ozzy started secondary school after his parents split up, but its strong enough to notice the difference in the way he speaks.

He runs his hand through his over tousled thick brown hair and unwillingly sits in the aisle seat beside me. ‘Good job I kind of love you,’ he mutters.

I turn my head to look at him and raise one eyebrow. ‘Excuse me? Kind of?’

He smirks, knowing he’s winding me up. He looks down at me and begins, ‘Yeah, you’re alright, I guess. Pretty standard bird.’ I flip him the bird, before he laughs and continues, ‘I couldn’t get rid of you even if I tried.’

‘Do you want to be single?’ I ask him with a laugh.

‘Depends,’ he smirks, before getting me to look at him and adding, honestly. ‘Nah, you’re all I want. Whatever happens, I’m always going to stick with you. Forever and always, yeah?’

‘Better get your shit together then,’ I tease him. ‘Forever’s a long time.’

He shakes his head adamantly, ‘Forever isn’t long enough for us.’

Smiling at his sweetness, I get my phone out of my pocket and begin opening the bag full of food that Ozzy’s mum gave us for the trip back to my house. The relationship I have with Ozzy is based on teasing, flirting and joking around and I wouldn’t want it any other way. My mum worries sometimes that it’s not the best foundation for a relationship, but it works for us right now and that’s all that matters. I know Ozzy loves and cares for me, even if he isn’t as forth coming with romance in front of people.

Once the train begins its journey south, I unpack a few items of food for us to eat. With Oscar being over 6ft and growing man, he insists he needs two portions to my every one, so he takes two chocolate bars and I am left with one.